Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not The Way I Thought I Would Be Joining :(

Emzy

I like that idea Dan, iv already been told to go and do that! We'll see what happens! ;)

That reminds me I better go park my old red mk4 polo in the garage...... 0=]

Funnily enough somebody hit my wing mirror and left a massive white scuff on it! Lmao

Glad to hear you got it sorted finally

Some one smacked my passenger door in Asda car park less than a month after I bought mine and then drove off. Luckily a very kind person saw them left me the details of the car and I managed to get them to pay for repair and full door respray. Don't you just hate it when people do this, bet they would be first to complain if it happened to them.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, wonder if anyone can tell me this. have tried to look at ford online parts catalogue but can't seem to find one, or access one. maybe its just for trade? Anyway, my Fiesta had a fight with a pheasant this morning - the pheasant won - my mirror is off. The whole thing. The door is ok, but have just "bought" a new Fiesta and so am driving my soon to be old Fiesta till Wednesday. I called the dealer who is taking it in part exchange and he said he will get a new powerfold mirror - also needs the casing - Colorado red. Is there anyone who knows how much he will pay for a new complete powerfold mirror with the red casing. He said he won't charge me for fitting it, they will do it when they prep my old car for selling.

Am very annoyed - I only had to keep it in good order for another 5 days.

Cheers

I would say at least £200, source one yourself as it will be much cheaper.

Had a look online at various "Ford" parts sites - I saw the mirror at approx £93, the casing at approx £36 plus vat. approx £156?

Says from Ford motor company?

also, then if I buy one say from eBay, I need to pay for fitting ,so it might not work out much different? Sorry, this is all new to me.

Mine wasn't power fold and I paid £130 for the whole unit from ford. Me and my partner fitted it. As long as you are able to take the door card off then its pretty easy to be honest. Ford wanted £50 to fit and it only took us about 20 min free of charge :)

Thanks Emzy. Did you get a coloured casing or did you need to paint it?

Had a look online at various "Ford" parts sites - I saw the mirror at approx £93, the casing at approx £36 plus vat. approx £156?

Says from Ford motor company?

also, then if I buy one say from Ebay, I need to pay for fitting ,so it might not work out much different? Sorry, this is all new to me.

Plus painting of the mirror cap, that won't come cheap!

You can change the mirror yourself, follow my guide to remove the door cards then it's just single nut holding the mirror on:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31271-guide-video-how-to-remove-door-cards-mk7/

Mine came painted from the factory. I work in the motor trade and it only costs us about £25 to have a mirror sprayed so shouldn't be too costly if you do need it painted. Have you called your local ford dealer to see? I believe they do supply all the colours from factory so would be worth calling to ask

I did. It was him who said he would get all the bits it needs and fit it when they prep my car. He said they will fit it themselves. I just need to pay for the parts, so just trying to work out how much roughly as he wasnt sure of exact cost. I assume he would know if it was going to needjust a paint job.

There are plenty of pre painted ones available on eBay, not cheap but do save the extra cost and time getting blank ones sprayed at short notice.

I did. It was him who said he would get all the bits it needs and fit it when they prep my car. He said they will fit it themselves. I just need to pay for the parts, so just trying to work out how much roughly as he wasnt sure of exact cost. I assume he would know if it was going to needjust a paint job.

I'm guessing around the £150-£170 mark for the parts...obviously they won't pay that so it's worth asking him exactly how much before you commit

Ok. He said he would show me their parts price list, so not sure if he wants to charge me the retail cost or just the trade price. He doesn't seem to want to make money from it, am i being naive? He just said he didn't think it would be this side of £100 so maybe he will be nice to me!