Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford C Max 2.0 Tdci 2012 Help Please

iky112

hi people i need some help please i have a ford c max 2.0 tdci with no crank signal and fuel pressure sensor in range but low

I have taken the car in to ford but they fobbed me as it was involved in a light bump so im on my own on this problem

iv changed the crank sensor but still have the same problem iv checked the feed for crank sensor and i have 4.97volts

and 12v on ground wire but 0v on signal wire im not sure if the signal wire carries the feed or crates a feed when it cranks ?

would be great help if you nice people on here would able to guide help me in the right direction ?

i have purchased the wiring diagrams from ford etis website and i am able to test like this.

error codes are P0335 - P1168

HI and welcome along!

First of all, what sort of "light bump" where you involved in? (speed, damage etc?) Secondly I found the below, (for others reference more than your own I suppose)

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor - possibly needs replacing...

http://www.dtcsearch.com/P1168/Ford/ - Low but in range (as you said).

I fail to see how either of those, could be caused by (my definition of) a light bump (that to me says you were pottering into a parking space and knocked another car at less than 5mph...)

We really need to understand more about this bump as, if it was genuily a light bump - you can argue the damage is unrelated and still claim warranty.

Hi thanks for the reply the car was involved in a bump on the n/s side parts replaced are n/s wing, bumper cover, headlamp, bumper bar , bonnet, the plastic cover for the ecu was damaged also , there was a bit off wiring damage to the headlamp loom but not to the ecu loom these wires where put back together , also the car would still start while these wires where damaged , the car was running for 10 mins and it just turned itself off , I have replaced the crank sensor for a genuine ford one and it still won’t get a crank signal , when you crank it and when it stops the rpm do go up to around 200 mark. I can see diesel in the pipes when your cranking and when it stops it comes back.

The damage that was replaced doesnt tally to me to and not being repaired under warranty, but by the same token they do have an argument and a leg to stand on unfortunately.

Have you checked for any error codes? that might help?

Have you took the valves out and checked for damage? I wonder if a pulley or belt has discretely gone?

Hi thanks again for the reply which valves are we talking about please bear in mind the car has only covered 14000 miles I do believe the crank pulley has gone faulty but don’t have an idea to check it when I replaced the crank sensor I can’t see a ring gear round it I can see numbers I’m not sure if there are like this on this model

the fuel injectors and the valves in the engine. I wonder if the crank has gone and the piston has popped the valves, this might be why its not working...?

Its a long shot, but one thing to consider!

Hi thanks again for the reply I’m not sure that’s happened but I was fiddling with the car again 2day and decided to chop the signal wire from pcm side and now I have 5v on that wire and 5v on supply but I have lost 12v to ground on sensor which I believe was taking feed from the 5v signal supply which shouldn't be right I’m not sure where to take a ground from the pcm to crank sensor any idea’s will be great thanks

I have to be honest, I am now well and truely out of my depth! Electrics are more my enemy than my friend!

Are you able to splice a ground from the negative bulkhead on the bulkhead.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club