Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Deisel

pudsey

Hi can anyone give me a clue on what can be wrong? I have a ford mondeo tdci 06, its passed mot, and had a full service, but every time i accelerate loads of black smoke comes out the exhurst!

When you say loads, can u be a bit more descriptive??

Has it always been like this? How long have you owned the car?

Diesels of this age are smokey, especially under heavy acceleration, enough to mist behind you on a dark night with headlights behind you...

Has the car been remapped? Or got a tuning box?

It could be the EGR valve, these are common on mondeos at getting stuck open/closed and this can cause more black smoke.

also check the intercooler hose connected to the botom of the egr valve, these are known to split and produce black smoke.

Blank the egr and check the hoses for splits, that stopped the clouds of black smoke i had

yeah but your smoke's gonna return mate. they always do with egr blanks after a while.lots o folk have eml's with doin it also

yeah but your smoke's gonna return mate. they always do with egr blanks after a while.lots o folk have eml's with doin it also

no my smokes no goingto return, thats the whole point of putting the blank on. Yes the EML comes on but that is not a problem, you just buy a £20 coder reader off eBay and delete once a week to makes sure there are no other faults that bring on the EML,,,,simples :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club