Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights

D_Mav

Hey Guys, just found this forum after I picked up a 2010 Mk2.5 Focus. Love the car, think it's awesome and now looking to do a few mods.

The first one that interests me is the Footwell lights. I've looked over Lenny's guide and I think I understand what I'm aiming for.

I checked my car and I have no bulb holders so it looks like I need to buy them and wire them into the courtesy light. This where I get a bit stuck. How do I "splice" them in to the courtesy light? Sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times.

I assume I would need to build some sort of loom that runs wires from both of the bulbs up to the courtesy light. This loom would then need some connector blocs to attach to the original loom that used to attach straight into the courtesy light and then my homemade loom goes on to the courtesy light?

Am I anywhere close? What type of connector blocs would I need?

Thanks for your help.

Hi mate and welcome, I've recently done this mod on my 2010 focus s and thought it would be quite difficult but in the end found it very easy!!

Lennys guide is good but I found another guide on the ford fiesta section of this site with very good detailed pics.

I used male and female bullet connectors for wiring the bulb holders up together and then chased the wire up under the rubber door seal up the a pillar to the roof lining over to the courtesy light which I connected the live feed up with two red splice connectors.

When you find a see the pics from the guide it will all become clear! :) sorry would post a link but replying on my phone at the moment.

Any probs give us a shout. ;)

Lennys guide is good but I found another guide on the ford fiesta section of this site with very good detailed pics.

Sacralidge! ;) if you are able to take a more detailed picture, you are welcome to post them up, and if your happy too, I am sure that Lenny would consider upgrading any pictures that he feels may show it better than the light he managed to capture?

We strive for the best on this forum, and if Lenny is failing us then I think we need a serious talk Lenny ;) lol!

We love you really.... Sherpa!

Sacralidge! ;) if you are able to take a more detailed picture, you are welcome to post them up, and if your happy too, I am sure that Lenny would consider upgrading any pictures that he feels may show it better than the light he managed to capture?

We strive for the best on this forum, and if Lenny is failing us then I think we need a serious talk Lenny ;) lol!

We love you really.... Sherpa!

Lol i dont call myself the sherpa that name was given to me by the Gods of the forum,

Im just lenny to everyone else,

Theis plenty of post space below all of my guides for people to add whatever they wish.

Their are many ways to skin a cat, my guides are done, in the way that i have done it and found personal satisfaction in the outcome.

Anyone who wishes can take the time to create a Guide and link others to it, im not gifted or in reciept of gifts for creating them.

If anyone wants to create their own HD 2180p image guide, then i may follow it myself some day,

Good luck on thinking the guides will pay for the camera or be to everyones standard.

To be fair, Lenny has given me far too many ideas for my car that I cant afford!

I havent seen any issues with the guides, but I have yet to find one that I am either a) feeling brave enough to try or B) having enough shrapnel in my pocket to purchase!

thats why we love guides though - plenty of idea's and advice form others who have done it...

i myself have recently fitted front footwell lights (also not having any loom either) i had help from lenny and stoney, a couple of things to watch out for is if you follow lenny guide it suggests to buy some rubber sockets with flying leads which will work however as stoney pointed out the bracket in the car has 2 lugs and the rubber sockets have 4 lugs so its best to cut 2 of the opposite lugs off, also note that as they are rubber they are prone to squashing and the contacts inside can move or become bent/damaged, if this happens push the wire up out of the socket and twist round then pull back down (again thanks to stoney for that info)

as for the rest of the fitting the door sill and the roof lining is incredibly easy, removing the interior light i found was a bit awkward, and a final note if you are connected the ignition ring loom into the interior light, you may find it doesn't work this is because the contact in the white block isn't making connection with the terminal on the light, i removed both connectors and hardwired them to the original loom and removed the white block (thanks to stoney again)

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club