Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk4 Brake Upgrade

Andy_fezz

Hi guys/ladies I've had the parts there for a while now but basically I'm wondering if I've got this right...

I've got the standard solid discs upfront , so I've purchased vented discs ,pads and calipers/carrier ...is this all I need to update them from standard solid discs? Or should I give up now lol...cheers in advance :)

....Well ive set about fitting the parts ive got and stripped down my old parts..the disc fits well and if im right so do the carriers etc..

my issue is that the (vented) pads ive bought dont fit my calipers , ive been to Halfords and bought the HBP406 pads..which again dont fit

unsure which ones i need..they just need a few more mm of clearance but whats annoying is the old ones that were in the vented calipers fit like a glove..

is it a case of taking these to Halfords and looking for the same styled ones?

P.S. i work at Halfords so thought easiest option unless theres some other companies like CES that would have a better knowledge/idea for me?

Thanks in advance as usual :)

Well I'm at the point of throwing the towel in now..I've got the right pads..but it seems (unless I'm wrong) the disc is too big length wise..depth it fine.

The hub cArriers etc seem fine and would line up if the discs diameter was fractionally smaller..

Any ideas folks?

Well I'm at the point of throwing the towel in now..I've got the right pads..but it seems (unless I'm wrong) the disc is too big length wise..depth it fine.

The hub cArriers etc seem fine and would line up if the discs diameter was fractionally smaller..

Any ideas folks?

Any chance of a couple of pics?

That's them as standard.. Where the caliper bolts go through on the old ones ,they don't on the new discs as they push the cAliper further Away from the bolt holes?

I just thought the hub carriers would of been the same size?

My only silver lining is that they sent me the wrong discs and the standard vented ones are a fraction smaller.

Cheers in advance

post-40671-0-46771400-1360933038_thumb.j

post-40671-0-00784900-1360933077_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club