Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie - Titanium X Question ?

carlbob

Hi everybody, I have ordered a 1.0 125ps titanium x in candy blue, the dealer is telling me that the full dress up kit is not available on this model. Is this because there is already a bodykit on the sills? The dealer is not sure why and I havent found one on sale yet to see it.

You can only get the dress up kit on the Titanium (or Zetec S obviously!) Not sure why though...

There's no kit on the Titanium X I'm aware, I'm clueless as to why they don't fit it. I'd have had one over a Zetec S if it could have had the kit. Sports suspension isn't an option now either.

Yes they did try to sell me a fully dressed titanium but i wanted the x.

I have looked at lots of pics on the internet and some seem to show a sill kit without front and rear spoilers, doesnt state that this is the titanium x spec though.

It's really annoying that so many options aren't available on certain spec models. Like the lack of ambient lighting on a zetec-s, or any of the sony radios on a focus zetec-s, why can't everything they make be an option on every car! People can end up being forced into buying a certain model just for certain options!

Does seem odd this time round that there's so many things missing from options if honest; last time there was tons that could be done to a Zetec S, it could be practically made into a Titanium X if you so wanted. Vice versa, the Titanium X could have the body kit on to make it look sportier and have the wheels and lowering springs on. Also not sure why you can't get the 1.6 diesel in the Titanium which I'd imagine was a popular option last time around... Baffles me what Ford are doing here, and seems they're gearing buyers towards Zetec's more than anything.

Titanium X don't have the bodykit as an option for some reason, yet it's now an option on the Zetec and Titanium. The price has also droped to £425.

You can also get the large rear spoiler (without the full bodykit) for £150 :D, but again, not on a Titanium X...

I have to say the titsnium x is highly spec'd ad standard, i have also gone gor the 17's and driver assistance pack. Not bothered with satnav and prefer the half leather. But i did want the dress up kit. Seems odd you cant choose it on ford website either, but i have noticed picture doesnt change if you choose titanium or titanium x, where i know the wheels are different.

I've run into this problem also. I don't understand what's going on! I'm not spending £17k on a car and to not be completely happy.

In the brochure it says this of the dress up kit:

"Option on Zetec and Titanium, standard on Zetec s. Also available separately as accessories."

So does that mean we could buy the kit after purchase and install it ourselves?

It's crazy. I want half leather seats and a dress up kit. I want to give Ford my hard earned cash. But Ford won't let me because there isn't a box to tick on their screen!

You could buy the parts, get them painted and fit yourself. Would be very expensive though.

Seems to be the only way :-(

Think I'll go to my local dealership today and see what they can do. Maybe they could add the kit themselves for a fair price, if it cannot be done in the factory.

The annoying thing is the dealers don't even know why it's not available on tit x. If it wasn't for the decent discount they offered I would have not ordered that model. I'm hoping that I can get the dress up kit at a later date.

Having scoured the Internet I see a candy blue fiesta with the 17's and the sill parts of the bodykit, I think it was on autocar.co.uk, this would be great if I could just get this on my car.

Just been down to my local dealership. they were useless. Not a sole in there. Just a load of sales people at the door waiting to pounce.

The told me the dress up kit isn't an option on the Titanium X, which we knew anyway, and "why don't you just get the titanium then?".

I asked if someone could find out if it's in any way possible to get the kit on the titanium X, whether as an option or accessories. "probably won't be able to find out" was the response.

He said he would try, but he was busy. Might be busy Until Thursday.

So with that I left and let them all carry on with their conversation that rudely interrupted.

Just been down to my local dealership. they were useless. Not a sole in there. Just a load of sales people at the door waiting to pounce.

The told me the dress up kit isn't an option on the Titanium X, which we knew anyway, and "why don't you just get the titanium then?".

I asked if someone could find out if it's in any way possible to get the kit on the titanium X, whether as an option or accessories. "probably won't be able to find out" was the response.

He said he would try, but he was busy. Might be busy Until Thursday.

So with that I left and let them all carry on with their conversation that rudely interrupted.

Sounds like my dealer, just interested in selling. They tried offering me a fully dressed titanium, but I like the half leather heated seats and keyless entry amongst other things. Will find out soon what I end up with.

They can put them on in the dealer as a part of a retail sale, but whether they will or not is another matter. Seems these days people don't want to sell cars.

My dealer is like that, has 1 guy there who's pretty amazing when it comes to finding stuff out and trying to sort things out, the rest couldn't care less.

I'm pretty loyal to Ford, but after the way I was treated today I'm leaning to the new Clio. You can have pretty much whatever you like in that thing. The online build your own thing is excellent.

I asked New Car Discount if the dress up kit could be added in the factory or at a dealership bodyshop. Their response:

" the kit cant be added to other models at the factory or by the dealer so if its not an option on a titanium x spec you have to build this spec up with any options available ."

Now I'm even more confused!

I asked New Car Discount if the dress up kit could be added in the factory or at a dealership bodyshop. Their response:

" the kit cant be added to other models at the factory or by the dealer so if its not an option on a titanium x spec you have to build this spec up with any options available ."

Now I'm even more confused!

I agree that makes no sense, I have noticed on the e-brochure it says the kit is available as individual pieces.

i had the same problem. The dealership put a request into ford for me to have a dress up kit added to a titanium x which they rejected. In the end i went for a titanium with keyless entry,drivers assist,17" alloys,full leather,full dress up kit, frozen white £15280

Hi chilks.

I think I'm gonna go down the same route as you.

How do you find the 17" wheels? Do you feel every bump with the skinny tyres?