Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a question no parts department can answer

buckleup

This is my last effort to get an answer, hope someone can help.

I wish to fit an under bonnet insulation pad to my 04 reg Petrol Fiesta 1.4 Zetec. This is purely for noise purposes. My previous Fiesta (former shape) had this facility. I understand that Fiesta Desiel models have the pad.

Having phoned emailed etc etc I cannot get a straight answer . As far as it goes from parts suppliers: yes a pad will fit my car...but they cant be sure that it wise as it may cause overheating. (This was just one suggestion not a fact). As this model does not come with the pad as standard the feeling is 'perhaps there is a good reason for this'.

Im hanged if Im going to pay £1 per minute on Ford Tech line when Im willing to pay out the £65 plus to buy the item. Do they want my business or what?

Anybodys help would be most welcome. Many thanks John

The pad probably will fit but its a fire blanket not purely for sound insulation. Having one wont really make much difference to the noise of your car but as they suggest it might well cause other problems.

hi there

i used to work for the company in shropshire who made the under bonnet sound insulation. the insulation for the petrol is different than the one for the diesel.

Get in touch with Borgers Uk in telford shropshire and they will be able to help you.

failing that you can always get the self adhesive black bitchamin pads and use them.

Sorry to hyjack you post. Having looked at the new 1.4 petrol Fiesta, I noticed that there is no under bonnet insulation. Does anyone know if it is fitted to the diesels

Thanks

I can confirm that bonnet pad is fitted to the 1.6 diesel Titanium,but not fitted to the 2004 petrol model.

Thanks for the replies. I will investigate the leads. It is still strange to me that my previous Fiesta (the smaller type) did come with underbonnet insulation as standard...it too was petrol. John.

I spoke to Ford Technical and they could not give me a clear answer other than air flow might affect the cooling. My personal opinion is that this is just a way of saving money as petrol cars are not as noisy as diesels. This will be my first accessory purchase when my car arrives, not least it will protect the underside when going over speed bumps.

I also note that there is no top engine cover. Perhaps gatgetman will let us know if one is fitted to the diesel?

Hi.

My 1.6 tdci titanium has an under bonnet felt pad plus the bulkhead has padding also.

I think that because the diesel is more noisy than the petrol version extra padding is needed to keep the inside quieter.I seem to remember that my 2001 facelift fiesta 1.3 had under bonnet felt fitted.

My 2004 fiesta Silver had no under bonnet felt fitted,strange as it was a limited edition of the Ghia,and would have thought they would have included that on the top end models.

Ford used to do all sorts of things to cut costs,and this seems to be one of them.

Sorry i can't help.

Gadgetman, I have been reading these posts all wrong. I am thinking of a plastic floor pan that sits below the engine. Gatgetman, have you one of these? I will definitely fit an underbonnet pad, but does the diesel have a floor pan

To be honest have not looked under car yet.Will have a look Saturday.

I just remembered that when I test drove a new 1.4 petrol it did have an under bonnet felt pad albeit it was very thin.

Just checked my car this morning,and it does have a plastic tray fitted under the engine/gearbox.

It is more of a T shape rather than square,i presume so that the wheels can turn in to.

Hope this has been of some help,and perhaps you can order one from the dealer.

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

I have just purchased and fitted the under engine floor pan to my petrol fiesta. Only cost £53. Hopefully will protect the engine from speed humps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club