Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Stop/tail Led Bulbs

funkybassman

Hi filks. anyone know of a place where i can get LED Bulbs to replace the stop/tail originals on my 58 plate focus hatch?? Believe the originals are 780's but cant find LEDs to fit anywhere...Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I have the Mondeo mk3 and it has tail/ fog lights (on the same bulb) - the brake lights are a single bulb on their own

The original bulbs have "offset" pins that i could not manage to find in LED form, what i did was take an LED "stop/ tail" bulb with "straight" pins (a cheap one from ebay) and filed one of the pins down on each bulb

Its worked fine for a couple of years no problem

To get the right LEDs for my car (trial and error) i have loads of LED Bulbs left over

The type you need are 380 (also known as BAU15D)

They have the twin contact for the tail/stop elements.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-LEDS-LED-STOP-TAIL-LIGHT-BULBS-380-FOCUS-FIESTA-FORD-/130664452082?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6c354ff2

Nah they're not 380's. those ones have the pins directly opposite each other if you look bottom end on. The ones i need have the pins offset and nearer to each other. I'm sure they are 780's but cant find an LED equivelant.

Hey Funkybassman, I found some on eBay ages ago. Will dig around in my eBay history to find where they were.

Out of interest, where in Bucks are you?

I guess you mean the PR21W bulb with the offset and pins that sit at roughly the 10 and 2 position?

Yeah thats the ones stoney......Andy im in milton keynes.

On the facelift you need red PR21W/BAW15s.

I'm also looking for some on e-bay but I'm still not sure that they are strong enought during the day.

Now there are a lot of models using 5050 leds (3 cips) so they might be strong enough.

I bought a set of cheapies for my CMAX, as they are brake light only, I am looking to get the tail and fog lights swapped over at some point

Right, used these guys before, very good service, just questionable whether these will be bright enough to use.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-Ultimate-Canbus-92-SMD-LED-Bulb.html

Ah, fairly local. Theres a couple of Fiesta lads round your way. Should look at sorting out a Bucks meet at some point though.

• 3 years later...

To resurrect an old thread, i;m glad i'm not the only one who's been having difficulty getting LED Bulbs. The pins on the PR21W are not only offset but also staggered which adds to the problem, ie pins are at 10-2 roughly and also one pin is almost in the middle of the depth of the side of the bulb. Hopefully that will make more sense to those that need to know that it does Ford using this bulb type in the first place as a straight forward 382 would have been much more sensible.

21 hours ago, Brucester said:

To resurrect an old thread, i;m glad i'm not the only one who's been having difficulty getting LED bulbs. The pins on the PR21W are not only offset but also staggered which adds to the problem, ie pins are at 10-2 roughly and also one pin is almost in the middle of the depth of the side of the bulb. Hopefully that will make more sense to those that need to know that it does Ford using this bulb type in the first place as a straight forward 382 would have been much more sensible.

The american's had the right idea with their x157 and x156 wedge bulbs. Simple enough to convert if you don't mind a mess of wiring.

I was getting fed up of the coloured bulbs red coating flaking off so after a lot of searching i found these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Red-567-PR21-5W-780-BAW15d-Bulb-SAMSUNG-LED-Indicator-Tail-Stop-Brake-Light-UK-/361448607776?hash=item5428041020:g:X9gAAOSw6WdXiwhL

Fitted with no problems and plenty bright enough even in daylight. They are quite long though so check the depth on a hatch to make sure they will fit. Can confirm they go straight into the estate fittings with no issues

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club