Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Bracket

Stewie316

Does anyone have a part number for the bracket squared below? Seems i have found mine snapped but still attached. I'm assuming it will be easy to remove and replace. I'm just trying to add to the list of things to fix while waiting for good weather to fix up some scratches and tutlewax the car.

Also front mud guard under the front of the car seems to have chunks out of it as if someone has had a tasty try at eating it. (Pavement and speed bumps of course) Is this easy to take off and replace as well?

asdfasdf.png

i think this is the bracket you are after and also the front mudflaps. Both should be fairly easy to change I'd have thought :)

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_2008_rh_rear_bumper_mounting_bracket_f_1563417_c_395.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_2008-front_mudflaps_set_f_1531631_c_395.htm

That looks to be it i'll have to have a look in daylight tomorrow. How is this bracket attached, is it going to be a rear bumper removal job? I'm assuming i backed up to high kerb and while the mud flap survived, the bracket didn't. I only know this because in October i couldn't get the screws to snap back in and so it's only held on by the metal clips.

Already have the front mud flaps. hidden but there on solid.

I wouldnt have thought you'd have to remove the full bumper to change the bracket although i cant be 100% ive got a mk6 so not too sure on how to alter the body work on the mk7

Thanks so much DanGers, i was just searching youtube for that video. Couldn't find it with keywords such as rear bumper removal. There might be a few more clips that need replacing i'm going to have to take a really good look when the weather gets better. I've got a squeeky noise next to the tail lights from the rear bumper. Anybody else have this when pressed upon? Does look simple enough to replace the brackets. I just don't want Ford ripping me off for labour prices if it could be done myself.

I'll report more when i get a close up of the damage. Weather needs to give me a break so i can give it a good clean.

Could be because of the bracket. Try fitting the new bracket and see if the noise stops

I've just enjoyed 50 degree weather with sunshine in Devon. Which means it was time to wash the car that was way past due. I figured i'd check the back bumper out as well, only to find after watching Die Hard last night in town, some idiot has damaged my diffuser trying to park behind me and made a clean getaway. It'll have to be replaced as the clips on one side have snapped off. Any idea on price? I still haven't got around to the mud flap brackets but it's on my to-do list. The car has been nicely cleaned with Tutlewax kit and i just need to well wax it now.

I know it says zetec s but should still just be a straight swap for yours

I've thought about this but then i seen this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-fiesta-mk8-rear-bumper-/200894258201?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec63b1c19. Could always ask them to rip it off and scrap the bumper. How much you think from Ford dealership parts?

I would blame the tatty old devon roads, get over the border and try some proper roads :D

I would blame the tatty old devon roads, get over the border and try some proper roads :D

I like proper roads not cart tracks ;)