Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Check Light Came On

leithhibby

Hi everyone I just thought I'd share what went wrong for my engine check light to come on anyway here goes I stopped quite abruptly on cobbles got ot my car went into a shop came back out turned the ignition on and started to go as normal no lack of power or anything then I noticed the engine check light was on permenently and I thought oh 'expletives' so I got my mate who is a ford mechanic he then connected the computer the little one seemingly not the laptop and it came up cam sensor error ( or something like that ) he then looked around in my engine and waved me over and said the connector looked as if it had been rubbing against another part of the engine and probably wore the seal and the metal touched hence engine check light so he then electrical taped each wire as ther was two then taped over them again and switched the engine on and the light went off and has been for a few days now fingers crossed it stays that way also he said it felt like it wasn't seated right so he made sure it was plugged in tightly so maybe if someone has an engine check light and you know where the cam sensor is check its not freyed and it's securely plugged in :D hope it helps someone some day if not it's first post for me thats been a new topic