Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3Rd Year Service And Mot Help...

alkyz89

Ok so i have got my 3rd year service coming up which is the expensive one at £270 but recieved a call from ford stating that an MOT is needed aswel?? is this correct as i assumed i wouldnt need an MOT until the fourth year...

but the woman on the phone from ford offered me an MOT at £30 plus 15% off the service cost as i have got really low millage.

what do we think??

also do i have to get it serviced from ford or can it be any licensed garage as im sure it will be cheaper!!

past experiences and knowledge will be much appreciated!!

cheers Aaron

You will need to get your mot.

Also, it depends on your warranty. The only disadvantage of an Indy is that it'll expire your warranty. If its already void, or running out soon, then go to an Indy.

If the car is still in warranty you can have any garage do the service but they must use ford parts.

As for the MOT, as soon as the car reaches 3 years old it is due, so yours will need doing.

Mot Is due 3 years after date of 1st registration..any independent garage can service it for you as long as they are registered and use only ford parts .they must also stamp the book to keep warranty validated ..BUT.. dont expect the indy garage to fight for you if a warranty issue is rejected by ford - saying that .my local ford dealer is useless..if i have to then i use a local indy even when its under warranty..ford still exchanged a clutch on my fiesta and the indy had done all the services (book was stamped) local ford dealer carried out the work and made a real hash of it ..cost me a new driveshaft 4 months later when it was out of warranty

cheers for the replys... this is a stupid question im sure so bare with me on this one lol if the car had 3 yrs warranty from new, does that mean im covered for a yr after the 3rd service or is the 3rd yr service like the end of the warranty?

thanks again

It's from first date of registration , so if your car was registered 1st feb 2010 then it expires 1st feb 2013 , service date will have nothing to do with the warranty as long as you have kept them up , my service dates don't fall on the date of registration , due to my car hitting 12,000 miles before the first year.

the warranty starts from the day you take delivery of the car ..(1st feb 2010 is valid till 1 feb 2013 etc)) you can have your MOT 30 days before the date its due ..if you take the existing mot certificate or log book they will issue you with a max of 13 months mot ..if you have it done before 30 days of expiring old mot certificate they will issue 12 months form that date ..i e if its due 1 march 2013 and you have it tested 2nd feb 2013 you will get it till 1st march 2014 but if you have it done 1 jan 1013 you will get it till 1 jan 2014 - max current fee for mot is £54.85 for thr test ( plus what ever fees are incurred should it not pass) if you have a test before its due date and it fails you can still drive using existing certificate until its expirey date ..BUT if its out of date you cannot drive on the roads there is no exceptions unless you have proof you are driving to a pre arranged test centre ( cant drive home if it fails)

fair enough so that means i can mod the car as much as id like too without having to worry about warranty now lol dont know if thats good or bad lol

so seen as my warranty is due to run out i could get the service done at a garage other than ford

fair enough so that means i can mod the car as much as id like too without having to worry about warranty now lol dont know if thats good or bad lol

so seen as my warranty is due to run out i could get the service done at a garage other than ford

As above you can get your car serviced at any garage before and after Warranty , while in warranty period they have to use Ford parts and stamp the book.

My wife's car was recently due an Mot , so i got it serviced at the same time at an INDY , they only charged me for the service , the MOT was free.

My Car had it's second service , well before second year of warranty , my Ford dealer gave me 12 months full roadside assistance Free :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club