Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Not Working!

Cpemble

I bought a 2004 fiesta finesse 5 door yesterday and the central locking isn't working so I got it cheap. When I unlock the drivers door there is no noise of the motor unlocking the other doors and they do not open unless opened using the key or from the inside.

I was thinking it could be a fuse, broken wires or bust motor?

Does anyone have any advice of what to do?

Cheers Callum

Got to be worth checking electrical side first , i.e fuse's , is it remote?

Got to be worth checking electrical side first , i.e fuse's , is it remote?

No, well it might be when I bought it it only came with one key and it isnt a fob key. Its the bottom of the range but it might still have had a fob on the main key.

It might be the actual key theres 2 ways you can set the key up one so that it only opens and locks the drivers door unless you press it about3 or 4 times and the other where it opens all the doors. Im sure you have to hold the lock button on the key for about 10 seconds or something and this changes the settings. Ill go and check in a minute and let you know.

Have a look for the options in the menu.

Also found this. might be of no good to you though as you dont have a fob key;

"Take your car remote and press the door unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least 4 seconds with the ignition off.

The direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been sucessfully re-programmed.

Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back"

Thanks to igglepiggle for this

Thats what I was on about :) didnt have chance to check my owners manual last night

You only have the master key so have no buttons to press, have you tried holding the key when you unlock it, that might be the way otherwise it must be electrical because i doubt 3 door lock motors have gone, wondering if you have tried unlocking the boot lid with the key rather than then button on the dash as i would have thought the boot lock work with the door locks.

I don't have the key buttons to open the booth that way, i tried the button on the dash and that does not work either? i looked in the fuse box and fuse F24 has a padlock next to it and doesnt have a fuse in its slot?

Just out of interest is there a light that flashes when the engine is off that looks like a car with a padlock infront of it? And also when you lock it do the indicator lights flash?

Yep theres a red padlock dash board light that flashes and no the indicators dont flash when its locked.

If you hold it when you lock it does it deadlock or just single lock, and im not sure on fuse numbers but if the car has central locking and that is the fuse for the system then it would be interesting to know why it was removed in the first place, i have a feeling though that the fuse that operates the locking is on the same fuse as the immobiliser, and if thats working then why wouldn't the locks, i would say that the fuse with the padlock is for an alarm which you dont have, have a look for te wiring looms going into each door to see if they are broken or disconnected, if i remember i will get the book out tommorow and see what it says about fuses.

F24 (20A) is for the locking system which is why the central locking doesn't work.

It was probably removed because you have a bad central locking motor.

FYI If you have a key hole on the passenger door to lock/unlock, you don't have remote central locking.

Thanks allot, new fuse is in central locking works! But the driver side door wont open all the doors but the passenger side will. I guess the solenoid or wiring is damaged? What do i need to look for?

Thanks allot, new fuse is in central locking works! But the driver side door wont open all the doors but the passenger side will. I guess the solenoid or wiring is damaged? What do i need to look for?

I would try a decent auto electrician, then you will get a proper fix and it will probably be quiet cheap, if you fancy having a go you will need to find out whether or not the mechanism is working or whether its a connection somewhere, good luck fixing it.

• 6 years later...

Hi, anyone heard of this locking problem? 2 doors and boot lid all closed, press lock button on remote and door lock mechanism can be heard to lock and then instantly unlock, very frustrating.

Any ideas please ?

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2013 at 7:51 PM, Nathan_M said:

You only have the master key so have no buttons to press, have you tried holding the key when you unlock it, that might be the way otherwise it must be electrical because i doubt 3 door lock motors have gone, wondering if you have tried unlocking the boot lid with the key rather than then button on the dash as i would have thought the boot lock work with the door locks.

Boot lock doesn't work door locks 😞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club