Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Racing The Police

DanGersFord

Driving along the bypass on the way home there focusing on the road ahead doing about 80-85and saw out of the corner of my eye headlights from a van coming up along side me, not realy thinking much of it sat at the same speed and just as the van was overtaking me noticed it was the police! Lol oops haha :lol: didnt pull me over or anything I slowed down and they zoomed off ahead quite happily pheew lol

Just as well you wernt going fast! (just jidding :lol: ) LOL

I know :lol: when I noticed the headlights I considered putting my foot down to stop them overtaking just as a matter of principle lol glad I thought better of it lol

Well they were going faster than me without the flashing lights on so :/

I had this just before christmas and I was a very lucky boy. I will drive past a battenburg as quickly as I would any other car, if they do me, they do me, theres no point playing the angelic sunday driver when your near one, as like I found out - an unmarked can be just up the road, and you will probably not notice them :)

It's called officers discretion.

It's funny how many people are afraid to overtake a patrol car even if the vehicle is going below the posted limits.

Id overtake one but not if a had to break the speed limit to do so

Id overtake one but not if a had to break the speed limit to do so

I just about got a ticket for that the other week...

Apparently i 'flew' up behind a marked corsa at considerable speed well over the limit when he was doing 70...according to my speedo i was doing about 71-72mph. you can imagine the arguement here... in the end he turned around and said, well i cant prove anything - exactly i was doing 70mph!

He also tried to say i cut lanes on the roundabout, well i was turning right in the right hand land, round the roundabout, indicated left and moved over - when he starting going his nut about that i said is that not what your supposed to do? and if im in the wrong, you are too as you followed my every move! He swiftly shut up about that and started barking about someone my age driving a mondeo ST... well you should have stuck in at the school pal :lol: (i bet he drives a 1.2 corsa)

Now thats why i dont like the police - well ok, some of them

My brother got accused of driving at 40mph on a 30 and he wasnt even doing 20. He'd literally just rounded a corner and was pick up speed. The policeman didnt even have a speed gun or anything. He just gave my brother an unnecessary fright and sent him on his way. My brother drives like an old man at the best of times lol. Im not sure his wee corsa can even get to 40mph :lol:

Ive got to say ive got no real problem with the police in general. There is a few that think theyre above the law themselves though same as any profession though I suppose. When I had an accident in my works van the reason I crashed was because I looked to my left mirror after passing a buslane and for some reason something caught my eye and I went into the back of a pick up truck. I was only doing about 15mph and luckily I hit his tow bar so there was no damage to his truck and little damage to my van. But the police by chance were just a few cars behind transporting a prisoner and they stopped to direct the traffic until another unit came along and they asked what happened and I told them the truth and he said when the other unit comes just say you accidentally hit the wrong pedal otherwise you'll be looking at 6 points for not driving with due care and attention. Just goes to show you there is plenty of decent policemen and women to balance the bad ones

It's a tad annoying when this happens as you'd think abide by the laws as we have to.

But then they're the Rozzers and do as they please.

I'm always 'yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir' when stopped. Just not worth opening your mouth even if you're in the right.

That Stoney, hes one of the worst kind of police officers! Oh hi Stoney :lol: only joking haha :)

That Stoney, hes one of the worst kind of police officers! Oh hi Stoney :lol: only joking haha :)

I think i'll be keeping my eye on you Dan. ;)

It's ok stoney I feel your pain... But only for a minimum of 16 hours a month ;) lol

I think i'll be keeping my eye on you Dan. ;)

Haha nah like I said from my own experiences of the police I can't realy say ive got any complaints :). Plus you look after German shepherds and I absolutely love them. You're not so bad lol

best dogs ever,i own a stupid white 1 :D

check out the biggsd forum if your into these types of k9's.

I used to run gsd but now I have a Mali.

Smaller dogs but very good workers.

I want a Collie :( not convinced my cat will get on with one though >.<

My border collie gets on great with my 2 cats lol

My collie hates all other dogs except my Mali and Springer.

He even barks at anything with more than two legs on the tv.

My cat is a Serval though lol. Quite a bit different to your normal domestic moggy :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club