Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light

ronnie-m

Hi Guys

Advice please my s-max has started to flash engine malfunction light its only happened twice in the last 4 days , any advice what this could be ????

Ronnie

Hi Guys

Advice please my s-max has started to flash engine malfunction light its only happened twice in the last 4 days , any advice what this could be ????

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately without having the fault codes read it could be any number of things.

does the car drive or behave any differently?

Hi stef

No nothing seems to have changed , it came on , on Friday night on way home from work then when I turned the engine off it never came on again until I was driving home from work tonight , i don't know what to do or if I should just book it in to a garage.

Whats the mileage of the car? can you offer more details? fuel, transmission, year, engine, trim etc?

I wonder if you have a clogged DPF?

go to the ford etis home page,type in your vin or reg number and that should tell you whether it has a dpf or not.

mine does this every now and then,with mine it seems to do it if i dont let the engine warm up a tad before i plant my right foot.

then once ive turned the engine off i might not get it come up again for a couple of weeks or so.

If the light is on, drive slowly to a Ford garage and get the fault read.

If the light is flashing, stop and don't move it any further or you could be looking at a blown engine. Get it recovered to a dealer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club