Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Econetic Chimes

scarecro98

This will sound stupid I know but better for me to ask it online than in person! I have just bought a 2008 Ford Focus econetic estate and there are no chimes if I walk away from the car with the lights on. I have looked at the menu and put a cross in the box for low fuel, general info and general warning but nothing. Does it not exist on this car or is it a fault? I know it's nothing major but I know that it's only a matter of time before I walk away and drain the battery!

Thanks for any advice.

• Like 1

Er, thats a good one. I know mine chimes when I leave the lights on!

I think it might be a look at it with a computer jobby. Just 100%, you have all the options for chimes ticked?

Thanks for responding Andy. Yes, a x in all 3 boxes but nothing. Today I found that when I walk away from the car and the full beam stick is pushed forward then the full beam stays on. Also the electronic display remains on for quite a while after I have left the car.

Any more thoughts?

Put the car into test mode and flick through until you get to the test mode for chimes. Obviously if you hear nothing, the speaker where this noise comes from is presumeably not working.

Will do mate and I'll get back to you if that's OK?

Thanks for your help - a great first experience on this forum.

Will do mate and I'll get back to you if that's OK?

Thanks for your help - a great first experience on this forum.

Of course, that's what this forum is all about! :)

Display staying on is normal but should go out I think when the car is locked.

Full beam lights staying on would have me worried, that isn't normal. Are you sure its the full beams and not the dipped. I think these have 'get me home' lights.

Definitely the full beam. The advice shown on the link doesn't seem to work. The trip reset button is not on the instrument panel but within the menu so I have to turn the ignition on to do it.

I bought it last Friday from a garage. I've also noticed that the front and rear n/s footwells are damp so I think I'll ask them to take a look at it especially if water is affecting the wiring.

Definitely the full beam. The advice shown on the link doesn't seem to work. The trip reset button is not on the instrument panel but within the menu so I have to turn the ignition on to do it.

I bought it last Friday from a garage. I've also noticed that the front and rear n/s footwells are damp so I think I'll ask them to take a look at it especially if water is affecting the wiring.

Try this:

On Trip computer hold trip reset button in , keep holding and turn IGN to position 2 , keep holding until Test comes up , approx 10 seconds

When you push the Full beam forward , do they go off after approx 30 seconds? or are you leaving lights on and pushing full beam forward? ould be the walk home feature

Display will stay on for upto 10 minutes and is standard , no idea why Ford did this

The full beam did go off so thanks for that. When I leave the lights on with the ignition out it is just the 'get me home lights' so happy with that.

I did the Test as described above. The only thing to report is after the gauge sweep the screen is just lit with nothing written, when I continue to scroll through the 'NVM EEprom level' flashes from 001 to 'Fail' and the Chimer module reads 'On 750 Hz 50%'

Does this tell me anything?

Yes it does chime when doing the test and it chimes when for example when the temperature drops. Perhaps my car just doesn't have a warning chime for when the lights are left on?

Yes it does chime when doing the test and it chimes when for example when the temperature drops. Perhaps my car just doesn't have a warning chime for when the lights are left on?

They do. I think it's standard on them all. Someone not so long ago had a similar issue....

It really should do as standard. Does the car know the door is open? When say if you have the engine running and open the door does the display say 'Drivers Door open'? Wondering if perhaps it doesn't know the door is open and therefore not sounding the chime.

Where in Berkshire are you?

It really should do as standard. Does the car know the door is open? When say if you have the engine running and open the door does the display say 'Drivers Door open'? Wondering if perhaps it doesn't know the door is open and therefore not sounding the chime.

Where in Berkshire are you?

Good point. A door sensor could be the culprit. Try above OP.

Hi - sorry been around from the computer for a while. I live in Newbury Andy.

That could be it. I'll try the door open thing and mention it to the garage as they are going to take a look next week.

For anyone who is still watching this (and I don't blame you if you're not!) the car does recognise that the door is open so it's not that.

Thanks everyone for your help though!

Subbed so still getting updates ;-)

Hmm, this is an odd one then. I know mine !Removed! at me if I even leave the side lights on when I get out. What I'm surprised at is yours even leaving dipped on without the engine. Mine doesn't do that. Maybe it is a job for Ford!

Only ask where you are as I'm on the Bucks/Berks boarder!

Thanks Andy. I'll mention it to the garage next week (Wednesday) and get back to you if that's ok? I work in Reading so not a million miles away from you!

Thinking about it, I installed some DRLs yesterday and during testing I didn't get any chimes that I had left the lights on - 2008 Econetic, mind you the car could be clever and realised that I'd opened the door and turned the lights on so it could just be a kinda 'hey dumbass you turned them on so I'm not gonna remind you to turn them off!'

But seriously, all my chimes are turned on and they all work except this one.