Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Pedal

PeterJeeves507

Hi all,

I have 57 plate fiesta zetec s 1.6, mk 6 I think, and while driving home, ironically from dropping my dad off to colect his mondeo from the garage, when pushed, the clutch pedal made a snapping sound, went straight to the floor and wouldn't spring itself back up. I was able to pull it back up with my foot, and it worked fine all the way home, any ideas as to what it may be that caused this?

Many thanks,

Peter

On the mk6 fiesta it's quite common for the master cylinder to become detached from the pedal - although this doesn't sound like the case here as you would loose the clutch completely. it might be worth a look up behind the pedal with a torch and see of you can spot anything obvious, it's possibly a spring

Common Fiesta problem, there is a plastic hinge that holds the pushrod to the pedal, Ford dealer will fit a clip to prevent this happening. Thought they would have fixed this by now!

Thanks, I remember reading about that issue when I was looking at getting the car, it'd only done around 30,000 miles so the problem may not have set in at that point. Ive had a look behind the pedal and there's a metal piece coming off the pedal that a pushrod attaches to. The pushrod appears to be working its way off the metal piece, which would make sense with what you suggested DieselPig, something like a circlip would probably keep it in place, its always frightening when something clutch related starts playing up!

Many thanks once again, this forum rocks!!!

An interesting update: A mechanic from my local ford dealer came into B&Q while I was working the other day, so I asked him about sorting my clutch pedal and he reckoned it would be quicker and easier to simply knock the push rod back to where it should be and cable tie it to the pedal to stop it moving, its been about a week and all is well so far!

An interesting update: A mechanic from my local ford dealer came into B&Q while I was working the other day, so I asked him about sorting my clutch pedal and he reckoned it would be quicker and easier to simply knock the push rod back to where it should be and cable tie it to the pedal to stop it moving, its been about a week and all is well so far!

I have done one with a cable tie and one with a tiny jubilee clip before - neither have ever had any more problems. so i would say your safe enough

• 7 months later...

my mk6 03 plate finesse did this today, at least 6 times in the space of 2 miles. its embarrassing and when its doing it on busy roundabouts nearly causing an accident

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club