Do Not Sell My Personal Information

205/40-17 Tyres On Fiesta Zetec S 2013 - Do They Rub ?

NQbbe

I've ordered a Fiesta Sport (equivalent to the Zetec S) from 2013. I've ordered it with 205/40-17 tyres, however I'm worried they might rub.

My dealer says Ford recommends mounting some sort of turning limiter (essentially you can turn the wheel slightly less with this), however the dealer itself claims they've had no issues with rubbing on the cars they've fitted with 205/40-17. (Mind you they've only done it on the previous model, since the new one hasn't really been sold yet)

So: Does anyone in here have any experience with 205/40-17 tyres on a lowered Fiesta ? (the Zetec S is lowered 25mm as far as I know)

New model is the same as the old one, and ZS is lowered by 15mm :P so makes very little difference.

My car was ordered with standard 16" tyres so no turning limiters fitted from factory, now I have 17" 205/40 and Eibach springs fitted (-35mm) and no problem at all with rubing without these limiters...

The ZS is already lowered? Wicked for me. Also ordered the 17" alloys, i doubt ford would fit wheels that will breach the warranty by damaging the body, so dont worry about it

In Denmark the Zetec S is already lowered 25mm yeah. And I agree they probably wouldn't sell something that'd breach the warranty, however they specifically told me Ford recommened turning limiters, so I'm kinda confused :-D

My car was ordered with standard 16" tyres so no turning limiters fitted from factory, now I have 17" 205/40 and Eibach springs fitted (-35mm) and no problem at all with rubing without these limiters...

Thanks for the answer, this is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for :)

They're probably just trying to make more money out of you :P

I talked to the dealer again today, this time with a mechanic who'd been there for 10+ years. He said they never fit turning limiters unless the customer asks them too, they've never had any rubbing issues.

So based on that, as well as the experience you guys have I'm going to not have turning limiters fitted.

Thanks for your help :)

Thats the tyres on my fiesta too never had a problem.

Nicolo. I need to see your car D: looks awesome. Damn was today the Zs aren't lowered by the sales rep. Hopefully she's wrong when It gets to the dealership.

The ZS is lowered;

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Models

On the model info;

Suspension - Standard Tune Not Available

Suspension - Sports Suspension Standard

Suspension - Lowered* Not Available

* standard only with 1.6 TDCi ECOnetic with Auto-Stop-Start

cheers dave, looked through that link now i'm overexcited for march 1st