Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Tdci Focus Juddering Only On Full Throttle, Only Between 1800-2100Rpm

vibeone

The flywheel has been changed twice in the last 2 years / 30k miles, so I hope it is something else.

• 2 years later...

One probably final update from me...

ive sold it. Begrudgingly really. It's been amazing, no major issues and Although the judder was still just about there, I'm selling it with 177000 miles on it. 120k odd with me at the wheel.

my profile photo was taken on the day I bought the car. Here she is today, just before I sorned her:

Can you tell the mileage?

IMG_0888.JPG

• Like 1

That's a shame, what you moving onto?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Mk3 61 plate with 30k on it. Got a Lot to live up to!

• 2 years later...

Sorry to be a pain and bumping this, right to the top again.
I bought a 2007 C Max 2lt Petrol about 2 weeks ago.

Its a 4 speed Automatic.

It said it had full service history, recipts show that to be correct. Last service however, was October 2018, so it's well overdue. I was going to do it all myself, but the bos....i mean missus wants it done first time at the Ford garage (cheaper full service there than the local). Fair enough.

It has done, on average, 4000 miles each yeah. 51500 ish miles last service, currently on 56500 ish miles.

When I got home the first time, i realised I'd missed the split hose between the air filter and throttle body, which has since been replaced.

However, we noticed on the initial drive home, between 45-60MPH and only whilst foot is on the gas pedal, there is a juddering. We had the wheels balanced (3 were out) and at the same time he checked the tracking and correctly torqued the nuts to spec. He thought this could help the juddering.

It hasn't.

It's not changed, neither better or worse but constantly there between 45-60mph and only when accelerating. Beyond 60 is calms down.

Also seems a lot "throatier" than it should as well. Especially since the hose was changed I thought that might have helped it a little although it's definitely quieter now than when it had a split pipe

I did notice on the MOT that the front bushes are on their way out, spoke to a garage who said that there isn't any point doing them because theyre not even an advisory, just mentioned.

The only way to decribe how it drives is this:

It judders through the car, not really the steering wheel. Not badly but annoyingly so. It has very low MPG (at the minute 24 mpg only). It only judders when you press the gas peddle, if you're doing 46-60 and take your foot off, the juddering stops. It doesn't seem to have the power a 2lt 143bhp car should have.

I am taking it back to the shop tomorrow, but I have a sneaking suspicion he won't find anything wrong. Or its the bushes which he knocked £500 off the price cos I menetioned them and sold it "AS IS". There is also a warranty of three months on the major parts only because we got it at trade deal.

I wouldn't mind having some kind of ammo to throw at him if he does fob us off.

So, in a very long winded way, any one have a clue what it could be?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club