Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Spacers

footfistart

Hello there has anyone fitted wheel spacers using standard wheels? If so how do you do it and does it help with handling as making the space wider will mean more weight can be spread over a larger area therefore increasing handling? This is at a guess. It would inky be 10mm as I think that's all the space I've got before the car becomes illegal?

Just thinking of cheap mods to help the car perfrom better.

All suggestions welcome

Many thanks

dont know about others but spacers are just a no in my opinion Alloy Wheel Spacers are designed to adjust the offset of your front or rear wheels to prevent rubbing on suspension or other parts it doesnt widen the stance any

Oh I see no I get the idea. But I thought you could widen the stance of the car can't you?

it doesnt really make much difference to the car assuming you dont hit the wheel arch or the inside of the bumper The wheel also rolls less, for a given amount of body roll.

The drawbacks are that steering effort increases, as does kickback from the road and instability under breaking. Springs and dampers are also less effective against the increased suspension leverage wheel bearings tend to wear quicker and if not set up properly will also wear the tyres quickly and unevenly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club