Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bike Carrier

refdt

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verona-bike-boot-fitting-rack/dp/B000XQAD6C/ref=sr_1_72?ie=UTF8&qid=1361124248&sr=8-72Can anyone recommend a 3 bike carrier for my focus estate.

Don't want to spend the earth.

Seen these at half price and also had some good reviews.

Verona 3 bike boot fitting rack.

good rack...maypole also do good ones...prefer towbar mounted one myself less likely to scratch sits well away from body

I use a similar rack on my Focus estate carrying 2 mountain bikes, no problem. Not suitable if you have a rear plastic spoiler.

Hi stormin.

Which one do you use.

Dose it cover up the lights or the reg plate.

Thanks simon

I was given the rack and it doesn't have a name on it unfortunately. If you look at my gallery pictures you can see the rack it doesn't cover the lights but it does obscure the number plate, I hang an extra number plate on the bikes, it is unlit but most police units wont give you a tug because you have made an attempt to comply with the law, that's providing you haven't made any another traffic violation. I'm sure even Stoney wouldn't pull you over.

i can provide full 7n electrics pack if you want to use a lighting board..for around 20 pound..to people on here..

easy diy job will even provide step by step instructions

What about if your car doesn't have a tow bar so you have no where to plug the board into.

You make me sound like a right jobsworth ogre ;)

Never! Just trying to smooth things along and let refdt know we are nice people. :rolleyes:

I'm lovely of course, it's the Mali that's a horror. :P

We didn't doubt that you were lovely, I am sure the dogs would agree. ;)

After much thought I think I'll be going for the roof bars and bike holders.

Going to be travelling a far bit and will be parking up and leaving them on the car so much more secure

Has anyone got or used roof bars with bike holders.

What about if your car doesn't have a tow bar so you have no where to plug the board into.

Intresting Question, I have wondered about this myself....maybe there is a smaller light weight plug available??

After much thought I think I'll be going for the roof bars and bike holders.

Going to be travelling a far bit and will be parking up and leaving them on the car so much more secure

Has anyone got or used roof bars with bike holders.

The reason I went for the boot mounted carrier was that many car parks have height restrictions, particularly where I cycle, this means that you have to de-mount the bikes before entering the car park. Getting it right can be a bit of a bummer. :unsure:

Dont think there is one on the market that will cover all situations. Will just have to take the plunge

Yes there's not an ideal carrier. Write down the pros and cons of each type including the total cost, then take the plunge. good biking weather is just weeks away hopefully. :rolleyes: