Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Problem! Getting Really Annoyed Now Somebody Help Please!!!

Dave-Harris

Hi everyone I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Edge 2010 plate and I have a huge problem with my brakes and I just can't figure it out. My brakes are grinding really loud when braking when coming to a stop from of the motorway. When they grind the whole of the front of the car vibrates dramatically so does the steering wheel and brake pedal. I have removed the 2 front wheels and the brakes look fine to me. They don't have any grind marks on the disks and they are pretty much new disks. I've also checked for grit and dirt but can't see any. I have also had ford to look at them about 3 times now and they just keep saying there's nothing wrong with them. It is really frustrating me because I know there is! Also they grind when stopping at low speeds but not as dramatically and loud and the car doesn't vibrate when stopping at low speeds. If you guys can help me solve this issue it would be much appreciated thanks.

Are you sure it's the brakes?

Have you had the axle bearings checked?

You also say that the brakes and discs are nearly new, who fitted they and are the discs and pads correct for your car?

Hi Clive thanks for replying I think they are the brakes and yes they are the correct brakes and I don't know anything about cars to be honest and I don't know what axle bearings are

Did the brake pads get changed at the same time as the discs? If not the old brake pads would be grooved by the old discs and wont sit properly on the new discs.

How old are the pads n discs, mileage wise?

The vibration you mention is common with a warped disc.

If the pads were new and were not bedded in properly for a few hundred miles prior to heavy braking, they may have over heated and gone hard. Ive had this before. The pads looked fine but on braking from high speed (such as when coming off a motorway or duel carriageway and braking on the slip road)there would be a lot of vibration through the steering wheel.

I would try changing just the front pads for some good quality ones and take it easy for the first few hundred miles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club