Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Pedal Only Came Up Half Way

rivnog

funny thing happened on saturday i start my car up (Focus tdci 2002, 131000 miles) and when it started it was was sounding really wierd and all shaky and out of sync.

So i quickly turned car off, re staredt it and it seemed fine but the clutch pedal only came up half way.

Generally the clutch is fine and doesn't slip

Anyone got any suggestion whats was going on

Possible start of the DMF failing...... Can cause all sorts of odd sensations and noises.... And if it's throwing itself out of sync it could cause your clutch problems..... Or even the clutch release bearing failing on the car

Could be as simple as the clutch spring assembly. Its cheap enough to replace, and is worth looking at before you get the DMF looked at.

Check under your dash looking up at the clutch pedal... Does the spring look either extended (i.e. not returned to its nice "tight" formation) or does it look to have seperated, or have a foreign object in the spring coil?

If so remove the object, or replace the spring...

Given that as the pedal is half way down, it may be riding the clutch, which *may* be part of the noise... Not swearing to it, but if its circa 15 quid for a spring, and half an hour to fit, or £££'s for the clutch / DMF, I know where I would rather start :)

• 10 months later...

I now put this problem down to a knackered battery. I think on starting up the battery wasn't turning the engine over quick enough and the glow plugs could not function correctly. Since fitting a new 76 amp battery both the shaky start and cold start issues have now been sorted

• Like 1

Nice easy resolution in comparison!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club