Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Titanium X Review?

MrGrumpy

Hi guys, I'm thinking of upgrading to a diesel for a number of reasons. So just want to know people's reviews or any known problems of the Mondeo Titanium/ x/ sport?

I'm looking at the 1.8 or 2.0 tdci.

Any info appreciated :) and thanks in advance

I have the 2.2 diesel. Lovely motor... Getting about 40mpg around the doors.

Massive spec, very comfy, loads of space!

Have a look at one. Drive one. Then decide.

• Like 1

i've just bought a titaniux x 2.0 130 diesel estate,plenty of space, very comfy, and a huge spec. plenty of torque. pick it up on 27th,only downside for me is the space saver spare wheel as we tow, but that will soon be solved via eBay.

pete

Thanks :) I had a look at one th other day but it was a Ghia with the 2.0 engine so the goodies are no where near as good as the titanium x. I'm going back to see if I can have a little drive on friday

remember that between the ghia and titanium X, the spec may differ but most of the functions can be either activated or installed with relative ease, so if you can save the quids in the price to make it worth your while, you should be able to install the goodies at a reasonable price.

I have the 2.2 diesel estate Titanium X and get a close to 50 mpg. It has covered 130 ,000 miles since 2004 and is the best car I have ever had. Burns garages in Congleton have helped to keep costs down.

Miss the heated seats that my Ghia X had.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a MK4 check there is no squeel from the steering pump... check fluid is not frothy after a drive too.

The MK4 has a common fault with the steering rack. Could cost up to £1000 to get repaired so check thoroughly!

• 11 months later...

I have the 2.2 diesel estate Titanium X and get a close to 50 mpg. It has covered 130 ,000 miles since 2004 and is the best car I have ever had. Burns garages in Congleton have helped to keep costs down.

Miss the heated seats that my Ghia X had.

I have a 2009 2.2 n can't get more than 40 mpg! Might get more on a long run not going over 2000 rpm

I think there is some confusion over whether each member is reffering to mk3s or mk4s, completeley different cars, with tottally different engines

I think there is some confusion over whether each member is reffering to mk3s or mk4s, completeley different cars, with tottally different engines

Sorry my car is the 2009 2.2 176 bhp with 65000, total standard with full ford service, would a remap make any difference to the mpg?

I have the 2.2 diesel. Lovely motor... Getting about 40mpg around the doors.

Massive spec, very comfy, loads of space!

Have a look at one. Drive one. Then decide.

Followed your thread on your mondeo, best one I've seen, n a REALY nice car, looks like you REALY improved a good car n made to grate