Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Bye Fiesta Hello Focus

James Rosier

The time has come!

Placed an order for a 13 plate focus titanium with 18" alloys!

Can't wait for it!

Did love my fezzy just needed something bigger!

I went for the 1.0 125bhp ecoboost engine! What a fantastic thing that is!

If there's any advice for me from a focus owner would love to hear it!

Thanks

James

I'd love to know how you find that 1.0 engine for day to day use. I've been hearing great things about it.

Nice one James! Quite a few of us on here have gone from the MK7 Fez to the MK3 Focus, it is such an upgrade and I'm sure you'll love it. I've driven an Ecoboost and loved it, was tempted to chop my TDCi in!

Any plans for this new one or are you keeping it new and factory fresh for a while?

Thanks guys! Want a more Refined car! I'm sure the engine will be great for day to day use! I will do a review on here after a few weeks of getting it!

I don't have any plans for it yet! Can anyone suggest anything to do?

You won't regret the 1.0 James, told you it would be well worth it..I love mine!

Hi mate

I'm another desperate convert from the fez to the focus, however unsure how to go about it. What are your thoughts on the ford options? Any tips of knocking the price down a bit? :) enjoy

And the group of MK7 Fiesta to MK3 Focus owners grows! I was mighty tempted by the 2013 Fiesta with 1.0 Ecoboost 125, but settled on the Focus in the end and really happy with it.

Hi mate

I'm another desperate convert from the fez to the focus, however unsure how to go about it. What are your thoughts on the ford options? Any tips of knocking the price down a bit? :) enjoy

Hey dude! Go from show room to show room around your area I went to 3, and I you got your Fezzy on finance with a company go back to them with quotes from others show rooms and say what can you do for me! They knocked nearly a grand off my car coz I was a returning customer.

If there is a perrys near you go there I'd say coz they do look after you and give you great deals

For example where I live there are hundreds of pot holes and constantly get punctures! So they have a insurance thing with the gap insurance which gives you 5 brand new tyres (if they can't repair the puncture) and 10 whole alloy refurbishments within the 3 years you have the car so is worth it.

And take your time! Don't rush Into anything if your not sure!

Hope this helps!

And the group of MK7 Fiesta to MK3 Focus owners grows! I was mighty tempted by the 2013 Fiesta with 1.0 Ecoboost 125, but settled on the Focus in the end and really happy with it.

Yeah I was looking at the new Fezzy too! Nice car I just want the space and comfort.

Can't wait for it!

James, are you looking to do any number of motorway miles? The one thing I lack seeing any opinion on is how the 1.0 handles itself on a motorway run for economy and oomph!

I work all around the county of Buckinghamshire from police custody to police custody so I do many many miles! I will do a motorway drive and see how it is!

be handy to see a feedback thread on the motor specifically on the motorway miles!

Given that you travel custodies... I can only guess your in the line of policing :P out of curiosity - what do you do?

we seem to have a wealth of officers on the forum!

The 1.0 is fine on motorways, still pulls easily when in 6th and mpg is around 40.5 atm - car has only done 2500 miles and has been steadily rising since new so can only assume it's going to get better with time.

the 1.0 125 pulls very well in all gears and is fine on the motorway, plenty of boost to overtake and drives like a much bigger engine car. if you didnt know what engine was in it most people would say 1.6/1.8 as it really does drive like them.. i had the previous 1.6 125 model and this one feels alot quicker. one thing i will say is dont panic when you get it and you see the mpg being low to mid 30's as Im pretty sure its wrong as the old focus did more mpg but less miles even though the both cos the same to fill up

sounds interesting, I have to be honest, I really wouldn't like the idea of a blown turbo on a 1.0 petrol in a Focus (if and when it goes), but I suppose its no worse than a diesel going (even a 1.6 or larger)...

I wonder if any owners have clocked a high mileage in it yet, and how it handles higher up the the odometer on a day to day basis!

i would imagine they are put under quite alot of stress so wouldnt like to be owning one at 75k on the clock or upwards. i generally change car every 20k anyway but i think there may be afew problems starting to arise in 5 years or so

The ti vct makes a difference in the 1.6 so with a smaller lighter engine its going to be noticeable even the 1.6 wants to shift and its a lot heavier