Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 Focus 1.6 Tdci Dpf Fluid Topup - P2585 Code

lrochfort

Hello all,

I'm in the UK and have an 07 Focus 1.6 TDCi that displayed an "engine systems error" on the dash with accompanying red light. I plugged in a Torque OBD2 reader and it said there was a P2585 "Fuel Additive Control Module Warning Lamp Request"

A Google told me that my DPF has additive squirted into the diesel on every fill up and that this code means the fluid has run out. I bought some on eBay and filled the tank as per the Haynes manual. Unfortunately I can't clear the code with the Torque OBD2 reader.

The Haynes manual (Section 20) says that if the MIL or PCL light are on then the system can only be reset by a Ford dealer. Now Ford want £50 and possibly £86/hour labour on top to clear the code.

Can anybody tell me how to clear the code myself?

Many thanks,

Laurence

There is a method, you can clear the light via an OBDII adapter, but there is some fuel cap process you can follow...

Moving this thread to the general ford section, might get more exposure and someone who knows off the top of their head.

I have a thread in mind that is relating to a JML kit someone bought and they did this themselves, I will need to dig it out, but as lunch is over, I will have to do it later...

There is a method, you can clear the light via an OBDII adapter, but there is some fuel cap process you can follow...

Moving this thread to the general ford section, might get more exposure and someone who knows off the top of their head.

I have a thread in mind that is relating to a JML kit someone bought and they did this themselves, I will need to dig it out, but as lunch is over, I will have to do it later...

Thanks for you reply, I'll try moving the thread.

The Haynes manual does list the fuel cap process but states that it will only work if the MIL or PCL light is not already illuminated. It didn't work for me unfortunately.

I did wonder if tricking the system into thinking I'd fuelled up a few times would sort of prime the system.

No worries, I already moved it for you :)

As for the process I found this on Talk Ford.

I would say it might be worth disconnecting your battery for half an hour or so, before completing this process.

Ensure filler flap is closed, and ignition is in position 0

You have 60 seconds to complete stage 1 of the procedure, beggining when ignition is turned to position II

Stage 1

• Turn ignition to position II
  • open fuel flap, close fuel flap
  • Turn ignition to position 0
  • Turn ignition to position II

Stage 2 must be started within 60 seconds of igition being turned to position II in Stage 1

Stage 2

You have 10 seconds to complete the following

For Stage 3, wait a minimum of 15 seconds.. but no more than 30 seconds, anything over 30 seconds and you have to start again.. the window is 15-30 seconds.

Stage 3

You have 10 seconds to complete the following

Stage 4

• Start engine, and run at idle for minimum of 20 seconds
  • After 25 seconds, MIL or PCL light should illuminate, or message displayed on instrument cluster to indicate reset has been achieved
  • Turn off engine, and move ignition to position 0
  • Turn ignition to position II, no message, PCL/MIL light should no longer be illuminated

If eigther are illuminated or message still displayed, try procedure again.

• 10 years later...

Hello. I got same issue. It was needed top up additive, and needed replace additive module. Fault dissappear straight when module was replaced. 

4 hours ago, Mar1s said:

Hello. I got same issue.

The OP has been waiting for an update 🤣

recent.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club