Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S Mountune Induction Kit

RedEarth

I've recently bought the Mountune Induction Kit for my Zetec S and fitted it myself, The Mountune website says the parts won't affect the warranty, I just wanted to make sure fitting it myself won't affect the warranty. If anyone has any experience of this your help would be appreciated.

It could well affect your warranty, or at least certain parts of it. You are modifying the method by which the vehicle operates outstide of factory standard. as a result. you could be seen to be increasing the rate of wear and tear, and the extra 'pressures' applied to the vehicle could mean that you lose some warranty cover... Its something that you would be best off emailing customer services and "inquiring" about...

i had the mountune kit on my ST500 and it doesnt affect the warranty as they are ford approved. however i would imagine fitting it yourself would invalidate it as there is no control over whats been done. you could have used unorthodox methods, fitted it incorrectky etc

http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades

in fact some ford dealers are mountune approved so you can actually get the upgrades done at a ford garage

in fact some ford dealers are mountune approved so you can actually get the upgrades done at a ford garage

Thanks for the help, I think i'll just swap the parts over when the service is due, It's a 160 mile round trip to the nearest mountune approved ford dealer to bassically fit a new hose and change the air filter which takes about 5 minutes!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club