Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Bulbs List

DanGersFord

Having front or rear fog lights on when there is no reason to is a seriously bad idea & is indicative of poor driving technique

• Like 2

On 03/02/2016 at 7:16 PM, Philf1 said:

I have 35w in mine as my previous 55w fickered in the ST. Also go for 5000k as they are less blue than the 6000k. I've never changed my fogs don't see the point for a couple of days a year when you need them.

You can't change the drls as the whole unit is sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

On 04/02/2016 at 11:52 AM, Marcr1 said:

The 55w are brighter, I have the same kit you've linked to (55w) and they're great

Thanks guys,

Might have to buy another headlight set and get some retrofitted led tube or something put in instead, in certain lights (excuse the pun) they look horrible to me. Generally most of the time they are great, especially as DRL's.

It's good to know someone has also got that same HID Kit as I have no idea of what company/standard to trust with these.

52 minutes ago, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

Having front or rear fog lights on when there is no reason to is a seriously bad idea & is indicative of poor driving technique

Lol.....erm....what!?????

I'm not talking about rear fog lightw being on unless needed.

And how, how how is there any connection with any light and driving technique lol

10 minutes ago, Strutter said:

Lol.....erm....what!?????

I'm not talking about rear fog lightw being on unless needed.

And how, how how is there any connection with any light and driving technique lol

The fact that you are asking that question is in itself the answer.

Scary.

So I shouldn't use fog lights in heavy spray roads and..well, fog or mist!?

There is literally no tangible connection between what bulbs I have in the car, unless illegal, and how well I drive. 

Also, this from the sig filled with a list of high performance fords, I can only assume you never drove them fast and always stayed at 70 on ever motorway.

5 minutes ago, Strutter said:

So I shouldn't used for lights in heavy spray roads and..well, fog or mist!?

There is literally no tangible connection between what bulbs I have in the car, unless illegal, and how well I drive. 

On the contary - there is a direct connection between driving safely & which lights one chooses to use & more importantly how the use of those lights could detrimentally other road users - something you clearly have not taken into account.

But then i guess you are far more qualified than i & have nothing further to learn . . .

Yet everything I have asked for is perfectly legal and al well in tolerance of normal lumins and will be fitted accordingly at all the appropriate down angles.

You donr seem upset about the constant query for HID kits being retro fitted to cars.

And yes, its always something I consider, its why I have came back to this site over the years for advice, as I have been side blinded alot by mis aligned bulbs and HIDs

On 08/02/2016 at 3:11 PM, Strutter said:

Hence I Was thinking of changing the Fog lights to LED and just leave them on all the time, not sure on that legally though?

This says it all.

Responsible, safe drivers do not do this, nor do they even contemplate this action.

You did.

I rest my case.

Lol, oh dearie me, hence why I asked the question, as you can get DRL Fogs now.

Its almost like you came in with a chip on your shoulder, didn't explain, made assumptions and know nothing about me or what I do.

Teach rather then preach.

I agree it's probably a bad idea to try and retrofit DRLs or convert the fog lights to DRLs, because real DRLs will automatically dim when the headlights come on, so you're not dazzling other drivers. Unless your'e going all out and setting up some dimmable DRLs then I wouldn't bother. (And I'm sure it's been mentioned on here how bad it is to see other cars with the DRLs wired to stay at full brightness at night, not good for the retinas of other road users)

Edit: or should that be retinae? haha

• Like 1

No point in changing fog lights IMO. Fog lights are for...... FOG and FOG only when visibility is immensely decreased. Would an LED etc even be bright enough/good enough in poor conditions?

(Just HATE people driving around with their rear fog on when its dark/with slight spray on a motorway).

I wanted to install DRL's into my headlight units though as the zetec doesn't come with them but really like the LED strip on the zetec S/Focus etc

• Like 1

No point in changing fog lights IMO. Fog lights are for...... FOG and FOG only when visibility is immensely decreased. Would an LED etc even be bright enough/good enough in poor conditions?

(Just HATE people driving around with their rear fog on when its dark/with slight spray on a motorway).

I wanted to install DRL's into my headlight units though as the zetec doesn't come with them but really like the LED strip on the zetec S/Focus etc

Whiter fogs will also reflect back at you more than yellow and dazzle.

I'm changing my whole units to LED when I facelift the car, but I'll either be changing to warm LEDs or something along those lines

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a 64 plate Fiesta titanium ecoboost and the headlights have the DRL instead of a sidelight.

Does anyone know what bulb it is for this and if it's replaceable?

The list of first page says H15 bulb for DRL and main beam, but looking through the lens, the main beam looks like a H1 possibly.

I've just changed the H7 sip beams to 5000k 35w hid, but I didn't even check the other bulbs till I put it all back together and realised I now want to change the rest.

Are the DRL a H15 bulb or something else?

Thanks

If the drl is the LED strip along the bottom of the lens they can't be replaced you would need to go to the dealer

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

3 hours ago, Philf1 said:

If the drl is the LED strip along the bottom of the lens they can't be replaced you would need to go to the dealer

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Thanks for your reply!

Do you know how to remove the Main Beam bulb on the LED strip headlight?

I had a quick look tonight and it's a weird looking block.

You need to remove the whole headlight unit then you can get at the rubber blanking panel that gives access to the bulb. There are lots of guides on here but basically remove the torx screws at each end of the unit and the plastic screw and lug then you pull the unit out. It's quite stiff and makes an awful noise that you'll think is breaking something but don't worry these pictures show where the screws are I've replaced mine but you get the idea

56e99fdd42c13_ImageUploadedByFordOC1458156e99ff0584a8_ImageUploadedByFordOC14581

• Like 1

Thanks, but I've managed to get the lights off, they were fairly easy.

I've changed the dipped beam and indicators.

My headlight doesn't have a sidelight as it has the LED strip along bottom, so the middle bulb section which normally has the main beam and sidelight only has the main beam on mine.

It appears to be a H1 bulb but there appears to be a weird looking large block covering the back of the bulb.

A quick glace at it I couldn't work out how it would come off. It doesn't look like a simple clip like the other bulbs.

Anyone changed the main beam on an LED strip headlight?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2016 at 7:24 PM, danlat1415 said:

Thanks, but I've managed to get the lights off, they were fairly easy.

I've changed the dipped beam and indicators.

My headlight doesn't have a sidelight as it has the LED strip along bottom, so the middle bulb section which normally has the main beam and sidelight only has the main beam on mine.

It appears to be a H1 bulb but there appears to be a weird looking large block covering the back of the bulb.

A quick glace at it I couldn't work out how it would come off. It doesn't look like a simple clip like the other bulbs.

Anyone changed the main beam on an LED strip headlight?

If you haven't worked it out already all you need to do is pull the connector off.

Yeh, figured it out when I had more time last weekend.

You press the whole block and the full thing comes off. Quite strange but was easy once I saw how it clipped.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a bit confused, which type do I need for my ST-2 to get for the interior? I mean every bulb in the interior! Passenger's seat, Boot, Driver's seat, everything. I want to get some LED Bulbs, but don't know where to search. Please help me

^ All of the interior bulbs except one are W5W. The exception is the courtesy light (I think that's what it's called) in the middle of the light unit just next to the rear view mirror. That is a festoon bulb, but I forget which size.

• Like 1

^ I would try searching on amazon and eBay for W5W LED. There are plenty of other good sites to try such as HIDs Direct, and there is a huge selection of different LED Bulbs out there. I don't know which to recommend because I went for halogen bulbs myself, just because I prefer the even light spread.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to go about fitting an additional rear fog bulb on the other side (can't remember which one has a bulb) that comes on at the same time?

Has anyone tried both Philips X-treme and Osram Nightbreakers in their Mk7.5? Any noticeable difference in longevity? I had nightbreakers in my previous car but they blew on average within 6 months over a three year period (mainly night time driver). The standard dipped beams are rubbish! I'm actually surprised at how bad they are. I'm not too fussed about the whitest light etc, I just want the maximum vision possible.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club