Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak Around Injectors

Scottalmighty24

Hi everyone im kinda new to this and want to say hi to all...

I own a 2005 ford focus mk2 1.6 tdci and have an oil leak on the top of my engine around the injectors which is leaking down the right side of my engine making a mess of my air filter box and everything in that way. I took some pictures hoping someone would recognise this problem and if it an easy fix? I've attached a few pictures hoping it would make it easier to explain. I've already checked the breather pipe and that seems to be all ok and i havent really noticed a big change in any oil loss, so looking for some ideas where this leak is coming from.

post-41218-0-91404500-1361717932_thumb.j

post-41218-0-88115000-1361718003_thumb.j

post-41218-0-71713500-1361718168_thumb.j

post-41218-0-20538100-1361718234_thumb.j

• Like 1

Could be the injector seal has failed which is pretty common on this engine.They do not cost much and are fairly easy to fit.

Looks like either injector seals or the top cam cover seal has failed..... I would do the top cover 1st and clean up the mess then check it after a few miles.....

Thanks for the quick replys and i will check if i can get a seal this week if possible and try to fit it myself if its not to difficult lol but will the broken seals leak diesel or oil? and for some reason everything has gone wrong this week with my car so hopefully i can fix everything cheaply. hopefully no more problems (touch wood)

Hi and thanks for all the replys and il defo get it sorted as fast as i can and i only just got my car back today from the garage and was told that it was the injector seals that have gone and will need replacing, so gotta do some research now to see if its an easy job to do my self lol

ps the garage quoted me £300 for the repair is this expensive?

Cheers

Hi and thanks for all the replys and il defo get it sorted as fast as i can and i only just got my car back today from the garage and was told that it was the injector seals that have gone and will need replacing, so gotta do some research now to see if its an easy job to do my self lol

ps the garage quoted me £300 for the repair is this expensive?

Cheers

I suggest even a look at a Haynes manual to give you an insight into what's involved. The injectors are very fragile and delicate so you don't want to cause any damage to them as they are definitely not cheap.

Hi and thanks again for all the replys, took it to another garage today which on further inspection said it was the cam gasket seal which had gone and now replaced which cost £113 at a mitsibushi garage better than the £300 quoted by other garages all seems well and no leaks so far so hopefully everything is fixed but will have to wait and see.... just gotta fix blower fan, heated windscreen (driver side), fuel filter shield and try and tighten handbrake then jobs a gd'n...

• 4 years later...

Just reading this, 2 months ago I fixed 2 seals through a local garage for £150, fine end of problem but I wasnt aware that, my problems where only just begining as had I got a change of oil (and possibly oil feed pipe and other filters) at the time and paid £300 I probably wouldn't be sat here with a tubo that has failed. well I have learnt my lesson from now on will not be underestimating just how sensitive these 1.6TDCI engines are and I will be changing my oil evey 3000 miles which is every 3 months........... So my point is, find out what you are paying for and if you are changing your seals yourself also follow the clean up proceedure for a failed turbo.... if not, it is likley the turbo will fail due to the high build up on carbon in the oil... good luck and I hope this post saves someone a heap of cash