Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sterring Wheel Chrome Bits

footfistart

This will sound a bit stupid but has anyone removed the chrome bits on the steering wheel. I have a three spoke wheel and I have some carbon fibre replacements. If anyone has removed then how did you do it. Is it easy because looking at it the dissappear behind the horn and I don't fancy taking that off to gain acces and I don't know how to remove that either. Shouldnt need to should I?

Anyways hope someone has done this as I'm just tidying up the style. Also got gel carbon overlays on the way too :)

Many thanks

Left and right hand ones just pull out easy, just pull from outside edge and they'll pop out, the bottom one is a 2 piece thing, and connects through a hole in the wheel, I used a flatblade screwdriver to get mine off, BUT I did snap one of the clips holding it togther, but it did go back on ok, so I wasn't too bad :)

As above.

Changed mine for carbon ones a few months ago.

The side ones have clips on them at funny angles and will probably snap off on removal and you'll likely set your horn off a few times while removing and fitting too.

Bottom one is C shaped with a long pin holding the two halves straight.

Use the scoopy end of two small spoons to lever the front part over the lips of the back part and ease the front forward.

Oh right I see. That's abit crap. All car companies seem to have rubbish clips that break and in the wrong places aswell. Well thank you for your advice I bought mine off eBay but I've got only three bits as in the bottom one that wraps round I only have the one that you see and not the aft facing one if you get me. Can't you knock the pin out to get the halves out? I haven't had a propa look which was why I asked you guys to I know what I'm looking for.

Many thanks

I wrapped my own so they had to go back on, the bottom piece is in 2 sections, and the rear section slides inside the front section and clicks closed, if that makes sense, its difficult to explain until you've seen it lol.

Yes you need to reuse the back off the bottom one.

The pin is all part of the rear bit, all one moulded piece.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club