Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Tell If Your Focus Has Parking Sensors?

gtiboy

How to tell if your Ford Focus Mk3 has parking sensors installed? I am looking to purchase a Focus Zetec. The back bumper has what looks like sensors installed but doesn't say on the spec sheet that they are installed?

Would this be verification that they are? or isit possible to has what looks like senors installed without actually having parking sensors?

I cant see anyone fitting the sensors and then not connecting them up - but I suppose it is possible. I would think the only way to be sure is to try putting the vehicle in reverse and backing up to something. CAREFULLY of course.

Regards

John

Usually if you have reversing sensors you'll hear a test tone when you engage reverse.

Instead of testing near a wall try something soft like a road cone or a cardboard box.

The sensors will still pick them up but won't cause damage if you reverse into them.

As Clive said, the reverse gear selection should beep. if you have what looks like sensors you most likely have sensors, of course you may have the ultrasonic's instead. but I can only echo Clive's comments... back up to something soft to be sure... for that matter. get someone brave to stand behind the car as you reverse... :)

No need to move the car - just open the boot with ignition on and reverse selected, approach the car and you should be able to hear any warnings.

It goes without saying, brake on and not in gear

No need to move the car - just open the boot with ignition on and reverse selected, approach the car and you should be able to hear any warnings.

Excellent suggestion StanH

Except you need to be in reverse for the sensors to be active ;)

Handbrake firmly applied should suffice :)

:rolleyes:

If they look like factory fit OEM on a MK3 then selecting reverse it should popup on the radio center screen

my hire mk3 had it on the dash as you selected reverse it had bars that showed how close i was to anything get too close it started beeping

There should be a button under the temp controls for parking sensors unless its only there for the front sensors, other wise like the others have said have the ignition on and put in reverse then just walk behind and listen for the beeps.