Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Mk5 Fiesta (Chance For A Few Laughs I'm Guessing)

Schmittness

So I bought myself a 2001 Mk5, 64,000 (now 65,000) and there are a few issues. Apart from very little history, the fuel gauge didn't/doesn't work (it went to half after 70 odd miles but did 300 before costing £50 to re fill) yet i've just done 100 miles and it's hit a quarter.

Could it fix itself? or once it's broke once, is that it?

I'll start with that for now then go onto the door light, something rattling under the bonet, flashing headlight not working and the bite point moving

Hi welcome to the club. I'd recommend taking the fuel gauge to be calibrated it wont fix itself. Its most likely a problem with the fuel sensor, when you say flashing headlight do you mean the headlight literally flashes on and off?

P.S. nothing wrong with the mk5's except for the problems you having :lol: still quite alot of them about and quite a few members have one :)

Yeah I have seen a lot around I guess I'm just unlucky. It turns out the fuel gauge is fine up until the half way mark then it won't go any further.

And with the headlights I can't flash them unless I put the stick forward then back to normal.

that sounds like it could be a problem with the actual stalk for the headlights probably need to change it. Realy not sure about the fuel guage id recommend taking it to get looked at the last thing you want is to unexpectedly run out of fuel because your gauge is still reading half way or something lol