Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Needed Plzzzz :)

danfocuszetec

Hi everyone,

ive got a focus mk1 1.8 16v zetec hatchback its done 146,000miles but wot kinda miles do these engines go till?

only asking because i really need an estate and someone has offered me a swap for a focus estate plus £120 same engine as mine same reg all the same (even colour) but its done 164,000miles but abit better condition than mine.

thanks.

just a pic for you of it,

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/3414598/ford_focus_estate_1_8lx_petrol/

Tbh I'd go for one with less mileage.

On a diesel that mileage would be fine but on a petrol I'd say it's too high.

My opinion of course.

yeah but mine is high aswel, i cant find a good one with low miles and in my price that wants to swap as mine aint worth much either., just dont know what to do :unsure:

If you go for the swap i strongly advise an RAC check and be very sure that the engine is good.

how much does it cost for an RAC check? its in better condition than mine and i really need an estate like now and this is the only thing aroung, its only done 20,000 more than mine.

RAC checks about £130 or so its the average for a vehicle inspection

i cant afford anythink near that! dont get paided till nxt month and its insurance month and got 3kids that always need stuff. ill take my mate with me hes a qualified mechanic and have a very good look at it, thats if he wants mine aswel.

that's fair enough Dan, I have to be honest, I had the same inability to check my car albeit I wanted to - mines fine - but mine hasnt done the mileage that your purchasing.

Hopefully your mechanic mate should be able to give it a good looking over...

If the engine is a concern, you might be able to do a swap though for a younger model for a lot less than you have to spare...

the engine is probs better than mine to be fair, the last owner of my car had it two years and it never serviced at all. this estate the bloke that ownes it hes had it just over a year and he said he mostly drives on the motorway. and mine doesnt lock which he knows so thats a plus for me lol. oh and how long does it take for a logbook to come as i brought mine amonth ago and the person said they sent it the same day as i brought the car and i aint got it yet?

You should get a new V5 within about two weeks.

I'd give DVLA a call and chase it up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club