Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

I get 39-40 mpg in my St mp215 . That is a 25 mile round motorway trip 5 days a week and a !Removed! good thrashing on the weekends :P

• Like 1

I get 39-40 mpg in my St mp215 . That is a 25 mile round motorway trip 5 days a week and a !Removed! good thrashing on the weekends :P

Thanks mate. Does cruise control help if you just set it at 70-80? I've heard anything over that drinks juice?

I average 41ish running on tesco 99 but have just done a 2200 mile round trip in europe which averaged 46 mpg and that is what I would call true mpg not going off the trip computer, that was doing between 70 - 80 mph with cruise on and also giving it some real hard going at over 110 mph for long spells on the autobahn, even had it just over 155 on the clock for a short spell. This was running it on Ron 100 (Vpower) and the superb Ron 102, just to add I have the MP215 as well.

Yes anything over the 80mph with cruise does drink it faster.

• Like 1

I average 41ish running on tesco 99 but have just done a 2200 mile round trip in europe which averaged 46 mpg and that is what I would call true mpg not going off the trip computer, that was doing between 70 - 80 mph with cruise on and also giving it some real hard going at over 110 mph for long spells on the autobahn, even had it just over 155 on the clock for a short spell. This was running it on Ron 100 (Vpower) and the superb Ron 102, just to add I have the MP215 as well.

Yes anything over the 80mph with cruise does drink it faster.

Thanks mate. Is there much of a difference between normal and super unleaded fuel? in relation to both performance and mpg?

Slightly yes, I prefer it running on the Ron 99 from tesco than normal 95, I can feel the throttle responds better, also maybe get a few extra mpg, it's worth the extra pennies. If you can afford the Shell Vpower then use that, but I find the tesco fuel ok. (just my view) not after a fuel war debate.

You will always get better results with an higher octane fuel on a turbo charged car.

I also run nitrogen in the tyres, which I am a big fan of.

• Like 1

I think I've posted here before but might as well give an update.

I'm getting around 35-37 mpg mostly from commuting, only 15 miles a day on a mix of different types of roads. That's the true mpg checked each fill up, the trip computer says about 4 or 5 more. Also did a long trip to Cumbria and back at the weekend and got 40.5 mpg, that was about half motorway and half A roads, but lots of traffic at times, air con on most of the time, 3 people plus luggage and a heavy right foot. So it could probably do a fair bit more than that if you try to save fuel. This is with Shell V-power.

Will have to see what I can get on the trip down to Ford Fair at the weekend, I'm hoping for at least 45 mpg.

• Like 1

Thanks mate. Does cruise control help if you just set it at 70-80? I've heard anything over that drinks juice?

I'm not sure how much fuel it saves but it should at least save a little, just because you're not constantly slowing down and speeding up again. It's definitely worth having though, makes long journeys so much more relaxing. I'm not sure about the speed, I usually stick to 70 but you're always going to use a lot more fuel going 80 or 90, regardless of what car you're in.

• Like 1

I clicked on 20-30mpg by accident, my vote should be for 30-40mpg.

I average about 32-33mpg commuting 80 miles per day (I share a lift so really every second day) on North East Scotland A-roads. I won't sugar coat it, I like to abuse my car a fair bit, it's why i bought it.

It can see 45-46mpg though if I sit at circa 60.

My previous car, Leon FR CR TDI averaged 37-38mpg, revo mapped to just under 200bhp and 300lbs ft. I consider myself lucky to commute back and forth on such great roads where very early morning and before 4PM on the return journey, traffic isn't much of an issue. I find most mpg quotes a joke to be honest, I ook at combined cycles and just know I'd get 8-10mpg less.

To be honest I couldn't give a monkeys about trying to get good mpg :D

Yes I get about 37mpg average, (or 7.6l per 100km) for now in my ecoboost 1.0/100. For now most of that is city driving due to my commute plus a few longer more "smooth" journeys. However, on longer more free flowing journeys the efficiency varies substantially. For example I can only get about 55- 60mpg when doing extreme ecodriving and sitting at a constant speed of sadly around 70mph, which is way lower than the speed limit here. Once I hit the speed limit the consumption shoots up.

Had my 1.0 100 ps ecoboost 9 months now. 6000 miles and mpg has crept up to 47 mpg according to the car. Car calculation seems to be 3 to 4 mpg higher than actual though when I recorded miles between fill ups to work out myself. 10 mile country road trip to work and back so no motorways but no tootling around town as such. Love the car though. Can't fault it. ;-)

Bought the Fiesta Titanium X 1Ltr Ecoboost in May - a real gem!!!!

First 1734 miles variety of driving modes mainly trying to be efficient) was averaging 37.9 mpg (to 17th July) and improving all the time.

Trip to Scotland 18th to 28th July did 1710 miles of which around 50/50 motorway and others. The total of 3444 returned mpg of 41.1.

However calculating just the Scotland trip gave me an mpg of 44.14. As half the trip miles had the cruise control on at 75ish this helped of course although driving the roads in the highlands meant a fair bit of up and down the gears.

Engine feels much smoother and at times you wonder if it is actually going! Think it is pretty well run in now but not really sure just how long it takes. I suppose it gets progressively better. Very comfortable driving the 1700 miles to and from Scotland.

A very economical car will be very boring!

Buy a car with your heart, test drive will convince you!

42 mpg and I drive it how it's meant to be driven!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Keith,

I think eco driving is generally a good thing but you are right fun is a key part. I think many of us on here are probably more in the latter camp than the former. Indeed it's why I bought the Fiesta over the other cars that were around. That said ecodriving can be quite useful if you are in fairly constant motorway conditions when frankly you are at the limit and cannot do much anyway about how/where you drive.

The Fiesta is great fun when you push it a little....

Eco driving can be quite fun too, in a different way though. You have to concentrate quite a lot, but it's quite satisfying when you spot some traffic forming ahead and let the car slow down in gear, and other things like that. I was doing this with my last Fiesta trying to get the mpg display as high as possible, so I could say look how economical it is when I try to sell it :). Got it up to about 48 mpg from a couple of weeks of my short commute on a mix of different roads, and this was a 1.6 petrol, I know the real figure would be less than that but I was quite pleased with myself.

I've done 21k in mine and it gets around 40 mpg that's with half an hour journey to work on the motorway cruising at 77mph ish and some playing around in town and country lanes :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Just checked my mpg after getting back from Ford Fair and filling up, 41 mpg. That was 285 miles of pretty much all motorways at 70 (50 in the roadwork areas), quite a bit of flooring it whenever I got the chance, including in the infamous tunnel at Silverstone :). Also a lot of air con use. Quite pleased with that when you look at some of the fuel hungry cars the ST can keep up with.

My ford fair return journey with all the bits in between tripping into Towcester etc was 377 miles and an average 48mpg.

Oh and trust me very little eco driving involved.

Was that worked out manually or on the trip computer Phil? My trip computer said 44 mpg. Sounds like yours is more economical than mine somehow.

Just off trip. Have to say we cruised more on way down Saturday as no rush but 70-80 on way back. We also avoidd the A43 queues in and out by using back roads so never stopped in traffic

Ah that makes more sense then, only 4 mpg less. Probably cos of the queues to get in which took ages, and flooring it though that tunnel can't have helped either lol.

Got 57 mpg on the way back from Ford Fair :) Usually between 44-50 with daily driving.

That's a pretty impressive amount, probably about the highest I have seen. I just completed a short 2.5hr each way trip through the Benelux countries which included getting lost, some traffic and bad weather conditions. The average was about 45-50MPG, with on the way there being at the higher end of the scale - with little eco driving unless I was on the speed limit and traffic was flowing relatively normally. I get the impression the car may be tuned for UK roads (no surprise as it is the best seller across the channel) as if I sit on the equivalent of the UK speed limit ( which is lower than the speeds here) then I get very good fuel efficiency but the minute I go up to the Luxembourg or Belgian limits I notice a drop in efficiency. Anyway if I can squeeze 50MPG out of it I'll be pleased but even more would make me happy

I have the older 2011 model with the 1.6liter petrol engine and here at the coast I get about 13km(31Mpg) per liter in town driving and 16.5km(38Mpg) per liter on the open road. I have only done about 5000km with the car and she has only 34000km on the clock, hope it helps a bit to see the difference between old and new

That's a pretty impressive amount, probably about the highest I have seen. I just completed a short 2.5hr each way trip through the Benelux countries which included getting lost, some traffic and bad weather conditions. The average was about 45-50MPG, with on the way there being at the higher end of the scale - with little eco driving unless I was on the speed limit and traffic was flowing relatively normally. I get the impression the car may be tuned for UK roads (no surprise as it is the best seller across the channel) as if I sit on the equivalent of the UK speed limit ( which is lower than the speeds here) then I get very good fuel efficiency but the minute I go up to the Luxembourg or Belgian limits I notice a drop in efficiency. Anyway if I can squeeze 50MPG out of it I'll be pleased but even more would make me happy

Rod, tuning has nothing to do with the effect of speed on mpg. It's a simple case of physics ie the faster you drive the greater the atmospheric drag. The effect is so dramatic that, say you double your speed the drag increases four fold, heavily reducing mpg.

yes, but can the engines in any way designed to have friendlier stats at certain speeds? The change in actual speed (relative to the UK) is about 7kmh or 17kmh more depending on which country you are in (120kmh/130kmh). If I was on the autobahn then I would be pushing it a bit more :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club