Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

Just done a Eco drive in my Zetec S and managed 65.6mpg on a 30 mile run home from Liverpool on a full tank :) post-56845-140830110853_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Just done a Eco drive in my Zetec S and managed 65.6mpg on a 30 mile run home from Liverpool on a full tank :) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1408301107.584364.jpg

You achieved the rated MPG - You are truly an incredible human being!

• Like 2

Yes, how on earth did you manage that? That's almost the same as getting a Gold Medal for the 100m!

• Like 1

Yes, how on earth did you manage that? That's almost the same as getting a Gold Medal for the 100m!

Almost? I'd say it's a far superior achievement ;)

• Like 1

You achieved the rated MPG - You are truly an incredible human being!

Haha thanks :) wasn't easy keeping her under 60 all the way home :p

Haha I just kept to a max of 60 and tried to keep my heavy right foot under control :)

Just done a Eco drive in my Zetec S and managed 65.6mpg on a 30 mile run home from Liverpool on a full tank :) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1408301107.584364.jpg

Not to rubbish your achievement but I could get this kind of MPG every day on my 15 mile journey to work. It's the trip back home that spoils my average.

The fact you say it was "on a run home" indicates that this wasn't a 'there-and-back' figure, so it's hard to know if it's impressive or not. For all we know this could be a 30mile downhill run.

Not to rubbish your achievement but I could get this kind of MPG every day on my 15 mile journey to work. It's the trip back home that spoils my average.

The fact you say it was "on a run home" indicates that this wasn't a 'there-and-back' figure, so it's hard to know if it's impressive or not. For all we know this could be a 30mile downhill run.

It involved country lanes and dual carriageways,as wasn't in a rush to get home I just thought I'd see if I could actually get that kind of figure as my usual run to and from work only does an average of around 44mpg

not done alot of trips yet only had it a week but most ive had is 42mpg but i do mostly urban and at weekends a 40min motorway journey (cant wait for along drive lol) so not so bad considering my last car did it with 29-31mpg and £130 tax a year lol

not done alot of trips yet only had it a week but most ive had is 42mpg but i do mostly urban and at weekends a 40min motorway journey (cant wait for along drive lol) so not so bad considering my last car did it with 29-31mpg and £130 tax a year lol

Same with my old car but I was paying £225 a year tax :/ so I'm well happy with getting over 40mpg easily and £0 a year tax :)

lol my last car was getting 31mpg and £120 tax a year so im chuft!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got my Ecoboost at the start of September and have just put 1000 miles on it and now up to 47 mpg, still going up so hopefully get to the 50mpg

Normal everyday driving im about 45/46. Long distance around 55.

Hmm, I must be enjoying it too much. My normal efficiency is around 45-47mpg with around 2000 on the clock. I can get it up a bit if I drive really constantly on the motorway but given the traffic here that is quite rare.

Done 5000 miles since May and current average is 42.7mpg with mostly quite efficient driving mainly rural with little motorway, although did 1700 from Kent to Scotland in July with very efficient driving.. At the end of May it was at 37.2 so I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies. It's the 125bhp so perhaps this will make some difference but how we are seeing some mpg's nearer high 40's to 50's is interesting.

I've now done two tankups of fuel and covered 829 miles all at an average of 58.02 mpg. The car computer puts this at 57.6, so they're pretty close. At 6k miles it's nicely run in and as you can see, I do very little town driving. I'm impressed; this little ecoboost engine is delightful.

My Titanium 100ps on 2500 miles averages between 45 and 50. mixed roads 30 - 60 mph. On a long run , 3hrs of motorway avg 65mph, i got 58mpg.

Hmm, I feel a challenge coming on... well once my car is fully run in:)

Can you reset only the eco monitor thing without mucking everything else up ? Mine was already on advanced and still is with me driving.

Can you reset only the eco monitor thing without mucking everything else up ? Mine was already on advanced and still is with me driving.

well to reset it you must hold the button in when your on the avarage mpg above your steering wheel

all in that thread a posted lol

• 1 month later...

I get 35mpg in London

I've had mine a week - can barely get under 8l / 100, driving like a granny, in town stop start though.

10000km on the clock.

Not impressed, though it's a hell of a nice car to drive.

Hope for better results with practise.

Perhaps I should have gone for the slightly rattly TDCi after all…

I get 35mpg in London

I've had mine a week - can barely get under 8l / 100, driving like a granny, in town stop start though.

10000km on the clock.

Not impressed, though it's a hell of a nice car to drive.

Hope for better results with practise.

Perhaps I should have gone for the slightly rattly TDCi after all…

You're never going to get close to what the manufacturer states in a petrol or diesel. In fact, a modern diesel would probably suffer regular DPF blockages and maybe EGR issues too. A diesel will only give you economy benefits if you do regular long motorway journeys to keep the DPF & EGR clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club