Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

Filled up today, 290 on the last tank, 34mpg.

Must get some lightweight shoes.

Still cheaper than the train, how tf can that be?

• Like 1

You were Drafting which isn't any good as an MPG indicator.

Yeah you're right, but I just wanted to see what was the most mpg I could get. The average has dropped below 50 now after some town and country road driving yesterday, so will see how much I can claw back on the drive home.

To be fair it's still good economy for a +200bhp car.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I filled up when I got home earlier, actual mpg was 50.7 and the trip computer said 53.4. That's a new record for me, never had an average above 50 in any car but then I've never had a diesel. But I think it's time to go back to driving the ST like it should be driven :)

• Like 3

I filled up when I got home earlier, actual mpg was 50.7 and the trip computer said 53.4. That's a new record for me, never had an average above 50 in any car but then I've never had a diesel. But I think it's time to go back to driving the ST like it should be driven :)

How the hell do you manage that?! Lol i barely get more than 35 mpg and that's when I'm trying to drive economically.

• Like 2

How the hell do you manage that?! Lol i barely get more than 35 mpg and that's when I'm trying to drive economically.

As I said in another post I was drafting behind lorries to see what's the best mpg I can get out of the car. It could have been much higher than 50 but there was a lot of non-motorway driving over the weekend that brought it down.

• 3 weeks later...

My MPG and RANGE figures are getting better, from a full tank of fuel.

February 2015 - MPG = 38, Range 330 miles

August 2015 - MPG = 48, Range 400 miles!!

My MPG and RANGE figures are getting better, from a full tank of fuel.

February 2015 - MPG = 38, Range 330 miles

August 2015 - MPG = 48, Range 400 miles!!

I managed 460 on my last tank :) mix of motorway and commuting on A roads

post-56845-143954076624_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I managed to go from Motherwell Scotland to mk then Ford fair and back home also stopped in Sheffield meddowhall mall and kwik fit and back home on 1.5tanks twice that's 800miles that equals 533miles from a tank mostly motorway and a and b roads

Cruise control Got to love it probe the m1 50mph speed limit helped

(also drove around mk and also Sheffield too )

• Like 1

I had a similar range when driving round France and Germany recently on a 1400km trip split into various parts. In general I found sitting on around 120kmh in 5th (which is near the speed limit on many roads excluding the autobahn) to give the best fuel efficiency. Long and zig zaggy uphill country roads are however not as Ecoboost friendly:)

• Like 1

Exactly the same fiestalux!

• 1 month later...

With VW having been caught cheating with a "test" map with their diesels, the paranoid part of me wonders if Ford have done something similar with the EcoBoost.

I'm still averaging 39MPG at 9000 miles and 9 months in. The Fuelly figure in my sig is US MPG for some reason and not accurate.

Jonathan

Mines is accurate on motorway I've done over 900miles odd on 1.5 tanks before (Ford fair)

I drive mine quite quickly most the time. Mainly around town with a 10 mile stretch on an A road to and from work. It's a Zetec 1.0 (100PS) EcoBoost and we get 44.6 MPG. We can easily get that to 46 if I drive a little less lead footed, but where's the fun in that?

• Like 4

:DAveraged about 46-50 before the mods, now get 30-34 and loving it

• Like 1

Great to have that extra power and have fun but that's quite an economy drop that's ST economy figures so I hope its just as fun :D

The 1.0 Ecoboost 125 is an insane engine, almost 60mpg (computer, not calculated) covering 250 miles since leaving the showroom through towns, A roads and motorway journeys.

I have no intention of giving out the speeds that I reached either, the car is absolutely nuts and must have a drawback somewhere although I haven't found one yet. This car is the most surprising car that I've ever had and seems to pull better than my Astra 2.0 SRI which until today was my favourite car to drive.

My focus 1.8 diesel didn't deliver those MPG figures (60mpg) on its computer and I've just remembered what it was like to enjoy driving again. It'll be interesting to see how it goes after a few thousand miles and also how it copes with stop/start traffic.

• Like 3

The 1.0 Ecoboost 125 is an insane engine, almost 60mpg (computer, not calculated) covering 250 miles since leaving the showroom through towns, A roads and motorway journeys.

I have no intention of giving out the speeds that I reached either, the car is absolutely nuts and must have a drawback somewhere although I haven't found one yet. This car is the most surprising car that I've ever had and seems to pull better than my Astra 2.0 SRI which until today was my favourite car to drive.

My focus 1.8 diesel didn't deliver those MPG figures (60mpg) on its computer and I've just remembered what it was like to enjoy driving again. It'll be interesting to see how it goes after a few thousand miles and also how it copes with stop/start traffic.

You could always tell us what speeds you reached on closed, private property? ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reading into this topic there seems to be a lot of change on the M.P.G

Mine is not the Ecoboost,it's the 1.6 Ti-vct and i get 27mpg ''about'' very local (not a mile there and back) no foot down

This is taking off car not worked out,its not that far off if i work it out and put them side by side..

Very interesting seeing what people get from the Ecoboost 1.0 (125) on local like i have said above.

I get roughly 49 MPG depending on my right foot, this occasionally drops to just under and at times just above.

Im very happy with this MPG figure!

Used to get 51 to 52 mpg during the summer. Dropped to 47-48 now in autumn. Same road same style of driving. Assuming it is cold weather related.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Checked my average MPG today, 26.8.... Wtf? I don't over accelerate. My EcoDriving scores all 5 star...

Can this be explained to be fair I topped up two days ago and reset the TRIP comp.

but still this is the lowest I've ever had it. I only do town driving. Barely see motorways or open roads...

Last tank of petrol was around 30.8MPG....

Previous MPG's from mainly town driving range from 28.8-36....

It's poor to be honest. On a full tank I have about 250-300 miles - empty.

Just had the car a month (Zetec S 125) so a bit of trashing it and mainly city driving apart from that and sitting at high 30's, low 40's on the trip computer just now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club