Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

Anyone tried to underboost one at all? I think the base tune is 105bhp, if you under boosted the engine it might make say 75bhp which is still plenty for a small fiesta and should increase the MPG etc.

I read that the 100 bhp 1.0l Ecoboost didn't have the overboost feature as it was optimised for fuel efficiency. Is that right?

Of course with Ecoboost engines ranging from 1.0l to 2.3l, unless people say which engine they have we're not comparing like for like on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, m1tch said:

Anyone tried to underboost one at all? I think the base tune is 105bhp, if you under boosted the engine it might make say 75bhp which is still plenty for a small fiesta and should increase the MPG etc.

There is a 1.0 non-turbo available in the Fiesta, only 80ps and not much more claimed MPG iirc...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There is a 1.0 non-turbo available in the Fiesta, only 80ps and not much more claimed MPG iirc...

and the new fiesta is 1.1 non turbo. , thats about 5 hp too. lol , well feels like 5hp. 

• Haha 1

gentle acceleration and keeping rpm low returns excellent fuel economy. hard acceleration at high rpm and watch mpg plummet

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, TimST2 said:
Currently getting about 37 mpg in my ST. That's about 5 mpg less than my previous 1.25 Zetec, but my commute is all A and B roads (and the novelty of 200 bhp on overboost hasn't worn off yet) driving.gif

That was my first tank of Esso Synergy 95. I've just filled up with Esso Synergy Supreme 97 so will report back again in a couple of weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 8:21 AM, TimST2 said:

That was my first tank of Esso Synergy 95. I've just filled up with Esso Synergy Supreme 97 so will report back again in a couple of weeks. 

Okay, so 400 miles later and I'm averaging 40 mpg. That's an improvement of 3 mpg (for the price difference 1 mpg would have been worth it). I have to admit I haven't noticed any increase in power, but given that Ford recommend super unleaded anyway and it contains improved additives it seems a no-brainer 👍

• 3 weeks later...

800 miles in and getting 40 mpg and most of my 50 miles per day are motorway m54 so fairly quite and i sit at 70 mph on cruise 

• 2 weeks later...

Usually average around 51MPG. I'm trying BP Super Unleaded for the first time to see if it makes any difference...

Mine's a 1.0L auto. It's now 4 months old and has covered 3,800 miles. I'm seeing 43 mpg on shorter journeys (20 mile, 30 mins) and 47 mpg on longer dual carriageway / motorway journeys (220 miles, 4hrs). Light right foot, observance of speed limits ..and fairly light traffic most of the time (west wales). I only buy it the standard petrol from Tesco or Morrisons.

It's a proper, old school torque convertor auto. Probably the nicest auto I've ever driven (and my previous cars were VWs, Mercs and BMWs - I bought the Fiesta auto after having an identical one as a hire car). 

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2018 at 5:40 PM, TimST2 said:

Okay, so 400 miles later and I'm averaging 40 mpg. That's an improvement of 3 mpg (for the price difference 1 mpg would have been worth it). I have to admit I haven't noticed any increase in power, but given that Ford recommend super unleaded anyway and it contains improved additives it seems a no-brainer 👍

So that was after 1 month's ownership... 3 months later and I decided to try Esso Synergy 95 again and guess what? 40 mpg over the 300 miles since 🤔 So it might just have been me settling into a new car. Now I'm torn. I like the idea of using better petrol for the improved engine wear, but if the mpg isn't better is it worth it? I'm going to swap back to again Esso Synergy Supreme 97 after this tank to see if can notice any difference in power again before I decide...

Funnily enough just filled up with 95 after trying 97/98 for the last few months. No difference at all mpg-wise, no discernible difference in performance. Similar story with previous cars where I've conducted the same comparison over around a 6 month period. But of course can't testify to any long term health benefits for the engine, or if the effect on an older car might be a bit more noticeable.

Generally I just stick with the recommended grade.😀

Generally I just stick with the recommended grade.[emoji3]

I think that's likely what I'll do to.

• Like 1

I have just traded in my 2016 Fiesta Red Edition. Over 24,000 miles of my ownership I on,y ever used BP Ultimate and the average mpg was 38.85 mpg. 

I have swapped to a ST Line 140 and again will only ever use BP Ultimate - after its I it8@“ 120 miles it is sitting at 40.1mpg and I am driving it like a kitten. 

I think your definition of driving like a kitten must be different to my interpretation of that.

I have a Fiesta ST-Line 140 (2016) model from new with about 100 delivery miles on the clock. Now sitting at just over 23,000 miles.

From day 1 it was averaging about 47mpg now usually low 50's mpg and around 55mpg in the summer months.

I would say I drive at an average to brisk pace depending on the conditions, 70-80 on the motorways and generally keeping up with the traffic in other areas.

If I was to drive it like a kitten I'd be easily making 55+mpg. Are you just doing very short journeys about town?

5 hours ago, Blatto said:

I think your definition of driving like a kitten must be different to my interpretation of that.

I have a Fiesta ST-Line 140 (2016) model from new with about 100 delivery miles on the clock. Now sitting at just over 23,000 miles.

From day 1 it was averaging about 47mpg now usually low 50's mpg and around 55mpg in the summer months.

I would say I drive at an average to brisk pace depending on the conditions, 70-80 on the motorways and generally keeping up with the traffic in other areas.

If I was to drive it like a kitten I'd be easily making 55+mpg. Are you just doing very short journeys about town?

Most of my driving was dual carriageway. My daily commute would be about 40 miles, all of which is dual carriageway. 

Very little town driving.  

Hmm, not sure why you get such low figures then. My commute is about 64 miles a day 70% or so motorway, the rest a mixture of A & B roads and a few miles in the town.

Maybe I'm just lucky and got a good engine build or maybe it's just driving style.

I ran the car in for the first 1500 miles or so as suggested in the manual and didn't really go over 4000 rpm until about 2500 miles were on the clock but since then I've just driven it at what I would call an average to brisk pace. I think I'd have to take it to the red line in each gear to get it to go under 40mpg. You should be able to easily get 50mpg on a mainly dual carriageway commute. What's your average speed on the 40 mile commute, mine shows as 46mph on my 64 mile trip.

My 2018 ST-line 140 has generally averaged above 50mpg since I had it so not sure why others don't seem to see similar figures. Daily commute 20 miles each way.

Refilled the 140 ecoboost yesterday with tesco premium, cost £50 for a full tank but only had 2 miles left lol, normally get 323 miles from full but it immediately jumped up to 342, get about 40mpg with a 40 miles round trip, about half on motorway and half in town

My lowest MPG is 46, I normally get around 50-51. How people are getting so low I’m very confused!

I think I’d easily get 60 if I drove on the motorway for most of my driving but I drive on a lot of hilly single/dual carriageways.

That’s with normal 97 unleaded BTW. Never saw any improvements from other petrol types and I’m fairly sure the average driver would see no improvement.

Are these figures calculated from fill ups or from the car computer? My car claims about 4 mpg higher than real.

Mine are from the car computer but I'm mainly interested in the relative mpg of 95 vs 97 fuel...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club