Do Not Sell My Personal Information

john-h

Hello All, the display is showing -28c and the heating in the car packs up after about 15 minutes has anyone else encountered this problem

sounds like a faulty sensor, cant remember if its under the passenger mirror, or is in the bonnet grill area.

this is the ambient temperature isnt it? is the thermostat showing a valid reading?

I've got a feeling its just under the mirror. The thermostat is working okay, when i first start the temp reads ---- then after i've been driving for around an hour its changes to -28c.

Is the temp setting connected to the in-car heating as the fan cuts out after a few minutes

I expect so, the ambient temperature will reflect on what the car does, so that in the events that your car ever drives to the Antarctica, its not going to put itself under too much load!

It could be that the sensor itself is duff, or it could be a broken wire somewhere. Not got the Haynes guide with me, so cant check to see how easy it is to replace...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club