Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is The Paint Code

bt_cav

Hi guys

Since the weather is better I have decided to declare war on the brown spotty dease...

Got most of the bit and bobs required But Im not sure where my paint code is Located...Never had to look for one before.

I looked on the plate under the bonnet and I didn't see anythink obvious...... just vehicle weights

I think my focus is Tonic Blue just by looking at the paints in Halfrauds

Any help finding my paint code would be very much appreciated

Have a look at the label on the drivers side door frame.

Or look on this site-

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=864A11DA6D85610A1038F2DE8E9312F9.fcvas505

Enter your VIN or registration number and you'll get your paint name.

List of most paint codes-

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/30353-cant-find-paint-code-help/page__fromsearch__1

cheers mate, I had a look earlier on the door but didnt see anything... will go have a better look :-)

and report back with what i find from the first link

Cheers mate :-)

• Like 1

Paint:

Tonic (Metallic)

the paints in halfrauds call it tonic blue...guess its the correct one

Im in the Tonic crew too! its a nice colour, but being metallic, a little more awkward for scratch and chip repairs!

Im in the Tonic crew too! its a nice colour, but being metallic, a little more awkward for scratch and chip repairs!

Nice one mate :D

Still cant find the code on the drivers door :blink:

take a look at the below, thats where the code is :)

ford_vin_plate.jpg

Will double check mine later, and confirm (will hopefully provide an actual photo of my own)

Yes, I concur with that.

If your car is tonic blue then the code there will be Z something.

Mine is O3 which refers to moondust silver and the year the paint colour was first introduced. (colours with a different second figure could be slightly different)

If you take your two figure code to ford they'll tell you the finis code for your paint.

Look to the box on mine and you'll see what I mean.

Same place as marked on Jeebowhites picture.

20130227T1545161.jpg

its not actually tonic blue its tonic metallic and Halfords is nowhere near the same shade i got a touch up kit from ford parts uk that was the correct colour its also known as kristall-blau crystal blue to you and me paint code is on driver door plate two letters and a number at the very bottom

Hey Guys Just back home and logged on, Dont know what say but thank you all for your help :D and for taking the time to take pics and find links :D

I had a better look on the drivers door.....but still did not see the plate, I will have another look and inspect every inch of the door, I do remember seeing a two letter code under the bonnet and Im sure the first was a Z and iirc it was the second last code.

Cheers again folks :D :D

Watch this space

• 1 year later...

I need help to find the code on my focus estate ghia tdci 2003-53 it's silver but what silver. There's no black sticker on or around the drivers door or any other door

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club