Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Here, Need Some Input On Retrofittings

neps

Hi

New member from Norway here. We dont have a community like this here, in Norway ford=mondeo, or the rest is old sierra/cosworths.

I just got my 2009 1.6 tdci ECOnetic. The last 5-6 years Ive been driving mostly VW Passats, but my current 1998 Passat have given me so much grief the last months, that I had to get a newer car, more reliable with less problems (hopefully!!), and better mpg for my daily 100km commute.

I know that its general better to spend more initially and get a car with oem fitted equipment, unfortunately that did not fit my budget this time. So I have the following wishes:

1.Replace the "6 button" radio with something that got usb/bluetooth/phone support. (i know you can retrofit usb/bt, but how about the bigger head unit?) I have found a couple on eBay, but they dont come with the code? What do i do?

2. I have the manual AC/Heater control, Can i retrofit the automatic climate controls? I guess this will need some coding aswell, and in addition to the controlpanel, i guess i will need some modules, and/or temperature sensors?

3. Heated windscreen. Possible? I can source the windscreen from a friend that works with carglass, but what do I do with wiring/relays?

4. Heated seats, I have the heated seats, but they are only on/off, And I litterally burn my !Removed! off when using them, Can this be upgraded to a 5-step one like the mondeo have?

5. Parking sensors. This should be a easy one. I have found the dolphin sensors wich seems to be the best units. Any comments on this? I saw there was a brilliant guide for the install job here on the guide section aswell.

Thanks in Advance!

Welcome to the forum :)

1) Yes it's possible to retrofit bluetooth & USB with the larger screen, it's a lot of work and parts required plus needs activating by someone with a Ford IDS.

2) There was an aftermarket kit around last year for 420 Euros, haven't seen it since though. In a word, no. It's not worth the hassle.

3) I know people have done it on the MK6 Fiesta, not heard of anyone doing it to the MK7 yet.

4&5) Not sure, sorry. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to answer :)

Welcome to the forum :)

1) Yes it's possible to retrofit Bluetooth & USB with the larger screen, it's a lot of work and parts required plus needs activating by someone with a Ford IDS.

Thanks Nathan

The stereo is the main concern. Ive read through most of the related posts in here. And I have allready sent the parts list to my local Ford dealer, the module was very expensive though. I have found one on eBay, but I didnt want to buy that one before I know for sure that its possible to replace the head unit aswell. Do you know the process involved in that? Is it as simple as repace the unit and have Ford re-code it with the IDS system? What about the microphone for the bluetooth setup?

2) There was an aftermarket kit around last year for 420 Euros, haven't seen it since though. In a word, no. It's not worth the hassle.

Thats interesting.

I can see that the connections behind the controls are completely different. So i guess this will not be do-able without rewiring most of my dash.

I mainly deal in cruise control, powerfold mirrors, ambient lights, and USB activation. Only 2 customers so far came to me without bluetooth, and added bluetooth & USB. Both of those customers installed all the hardware themselves and only needed my help for activation so the information I'm about to give you is third hand directly from them.

I think i can remember most of them . If i remember ill try and find the invoices out with the finis codes on them.

Bluetooth module

screw to bolt module to panel

Mic

Panel for roof (needed to cut out some of roof lining, while doing that i also added a focus interior light with map lights)

Stalk with voice control button

Multiline display

Control panel with extra buttons

new plastic trim for USB port

Usb port itself

I think i had two loom extensions one which had the module/control panel/usb sockets and another which went up to the mic which plugged into the other one (not 100% certain)

For the module, make sure you get the type with a 'mini-USB' connection, any of the following part numbers are correct (higher that last letter the newer the module, all work the same though)

8M5T-19C112-AN

8M5T-19C112-AP

8M5T-19C112-AR

8M5T-19C112-AS

8M5T-19C112-AT

dscf2445ea.jpg

The extensions (mentioned in the parts list above) are reference to an old wiring loom which needed 2 cables for the USB, if you buy the newer module above you do not need to worry about them.

The entire loom (from module to stereo, and mic) looks like this:

loom1.jpg

It usually includes the USB cable as well but not in my photo as I cut it off to use for a customer. In the UK that entire loom costs around £53 brand new from Ford.

The entire loom (from module to stereo, and mic) looks like this:

loom1.jpg

It usually includes the USB cable as well but not in my photo as I cut it off to use for a customer. In the UK that entire loom costs around £53 brand new from Ford.

This is the part I have been holding off buying/fitting for ages!

Thanks for posting the image Nath and thanks to Espen for starting this thread and welcome to the Forum! :D B)

Ok so the mic is included in the loom (1710952). Thats great.

The multiline display you refer to, is that something I also would need? As far as i know the econetic has that display. Theres some kind of "game" there that rewards you when you drive eco-friendly. But if not, do you by any chanse have the partnumber for that display?

Also, still wondering about that headunit replacement. I know radio codes are a forbidden subject here, so i wont go there. But as for replacing the unit, it is possible to let the Ford dealer do the code stuff?

I attached a image of my dash here:

post-41289-0-28055100-1362000767_thumb.j

The mic is not included, it just plugs in to that loom.

You would need the larger multifunction display, unfortunately I don't have the part number to hand.

They don't use radio codes anymore, it's all plug, activate and play! ;)

The mic is not included,

They don't use radio codes anymore, it's all plug, activate and play! ;)

Ok, so ill need to find a mic aswell. I guess this is a generic item? I can use one from my old handsfree set.

No radiocodes, thats great!

So, my steps is like this:

1. source all needed parts.

2. schedule apointment with ford for coding.

3. install parts a few days before schedule.

4. let ford do the coding.

What will happen when trying to use the car before its re-coded? Will it still be driveable? Will the normal radio functions be available?

Ok, so ill need to find a mic aswell. I guess this is a generic item? I can use one from my old handsfree set.

No radiocodes, thats great!

So, my steps is like this:

1. source all needed parts.
2. schedule apointment with ford for coding.
3. install parts a few days before schedule.
4. let ford do the coding.

What will happen when trying to use the car before its re-coded? Will it still be drivable? Will the normal radio functions be available?

I have the multi-line display and head-unit plugged in for my retro fit, and they both work perfectly, even the aux-in works!

USB and bluetooth don't yet as the module is neither fitted, wired up or programmed, but the stereo does all other functions fine so you "shouldn't" have to worry about the car not being drivable.

I found the climate control kit! http://www.comesclima.it/index.php?categoria=269&id=376#top

I have read through the instructions, basicly:

1. remove old control unit.

2. Install relaybox, closing valve, and the 3 temp sensors.

3. wire this up and install the new control unit.

Seems doable, but a bit pricey.

Hi you can get the mic from Ford it fits into an extended roof panel I believe finis 1681894 along with a steel bracket which clamps the panel finis 1535265. The display I had was finis 1698077 this was the red display I have seen them on eBay.The control panel replaces the old one although you need the trim panel as yours wont have the holes for the extra buttons. I don't think you need to swap the actual cd unit as I think they are the same across all models. I hope the finis codes are the right ones, they may have been superceded now, I did mine 2 years ago.

For the module, make sure you get the type with a 'mini-USB' connection, any of the following part numbers are correct (higher that last letter the newer the module, all work the same though)

8M5T-19C112-AN

8M5T-19C112-AP

8M5T-19C112-AR

8M5T-19C112-AS

8M5T-19C112-AT

dscf2445ea.jpg

I got a B/T Module part no 8M5T-19C112-AM, not mini-USB, any ideas what loom I would need?

Hi you can get the mic from Ford it fits into an extended roof panel I believe finis 1681894 along with a steel bracket which clamps the panel finis 1535265. The display I had was finis 1698077 this was the red display I have seen them on ebay.The control panel replaces the old one although you need the trim panel as yours wont have the holes for the extra buttons. I don't think you need to swap the actual cd unit as I think they are the same across all models. I hope the finis codes are the right ones, they may have been superceded now, I did mine 2 years ago.

Thanks, but when looking on eBay, and my local scrapyards websites, they list the cd/headunit together with the panel as one part. Or did I misunderstand you here: "The control panel replaces the old one" By control panel, you mean the stereo buttons?

8M5T-19C112-AN

8M5T-19C112-AP

---snip---

Thats the exact same as iNath posted earlier.?

I took a look at the interior light/mic assembly on our 2010 Mondeo. This does also have the sunglass flip-out drawer. Seems like it would fit the Fiesta. Would the Mic be interchangeable also?

Thats the exact same as iNath posted earlier.?

Yeah, for some reason the "quote box" didn;t show round Nath's quote on my post?! :blink:

There is a thread where someone has put the mondeo one in with the sunglasses holder. I didnt i used the fiesta part

I dont know about the mic being the same. I know the focus one fits because i bought mine originally for my focus before i p/x it for the fiesta and i removed the bits

It doesnt matter if the two are sold as one unit. The control panel bolts to the cd unit. I used my original cd unit as they are identical across models, just bolted the new control panel on.

I have bought some of the items on eBay today, the complete headunit/panel/multiline display things.

But offcourse, _after_ i completed the payment, i found out that ford changed the headunit connectors in 2010, my car is a 2009(july), and this came from a 2010 model, Could I be so lucky that I allready got the new style connectors? Is there a way to make an adaptor harness? Or should I try to get them to send me a unit from a 2009 model?

If they are indeed for a 2010 model perhaps i could buy them from you? Or could you pm me the eBay site youmgot it from?

If they are indeed for a 2010 model perhaps i could buy them from you? Or could you pm me the ebay site youmgot it from?

Sure you can, I dont think they will ship it before monday, so Im hoping I will be able to make them send me a 2009. If I have to receive the 2010 i would be happy to sell it to you.

There is a guide here: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1479

Would be easier to get correct one though.

Nice, so both type of units got the same pins, its just a matter of pinlayout. will be do-able i think. At least a great backup-plan if I am unsuccessfull in getting the 2009 instead.

How much did you pay for the units if I may ask? If you can't switch them out we can work something out. I won't buy them until you know. Could you still email me the link to the shop, I need a lot different parts as well like the stalk and the mic and I can't find them on eBay. Perhaps your reseller has them in his assortment.

They eBay seller is Hills Motors, link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-2008-ZETEC-S-Stereo-CD-Player-/271108677220?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f1f561e64

Just do a search for "Fiesta mk7 stereo"

I have asked them about the mic, stalk and BT module also, but they haven`t answered yet.

No need for me to ask them the same question then, please post the answer here when you get it.

Nice btw to have someone doing the same. If any of us run into trouble we can always ask eachother for help ;).

Sure!

I just found out that a brother of a friend of mine is technical manager at the ford dealer here. Im looking into getting the recoding done by him, as the dealer wanted £100 just for trying, and they couldnt promise that it would work.

Great! First i'm going to try my local dealer and otherwise I know a mechanic on an hours' drive who is willing and able :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club