Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Here, Need Some Input On Retrofittings

neps

It should right, I don't know where to plug in the BT loom now since it has to go into the radio.

Thanks to iNath I have succesfully installed trip computer on my Fiesta!

parts:

Left stalk with trip button

temp sensor ( FINIS: 5213057)

Software from iNath

IDS computer at the Ford dealer

I now have

-ambient temp

-average mpg

-average speed

-current mpg

-radius

A big thank you towards iNath, without his software it couldn't be done (mechanic checked it ;))

What does iNaths software do, that the dealer cant? did you drive over to UK/iNath, or can we do this remote?

Also, did you need a harness for that temp sensor? Where does the other end of it connect to?

The software makes changes the dealer can't.

For the temp: In my case the wires and the harness were already there. There was a small protector to protect the actual connector. Just pull it out, put in the temp sensor and upload the software.

Ok, could you or Nath elaborate this with the software? I cant see what kind of software a private person can have, that is not available to the dealers?

Or do you mean that the dealer just did not want to do the coding?

You also wrote:

"

+Software from iNath

+IDS computer at the Ford dealer"

So you had to take it to the Ford dealer in addition to have Nath code it?

Sorry, im just a bit confused here.

Did you bring your car to him, i thought you where in the Netherlands or something?

Yeah im sorry for the confusion. He wrote the software based on my VIN. Then he emailed it to me in a zip file. I took the zipfile on an USB stick to my dealer and the local dealer installed it with my help and Nathan's guide which he also emailed.

Thanks, I guess you are talking about the "asbuilt" file?

I think my dealer should be able to do it.

If I just want the trip comupter with mpg/radius/speed. Could I just buy the new stalk and get it coded?

Yeah but the ambient temp sensor would give a fault reading. Either a fault code or -- C. Im sorry but i dont feel like trying it out because it is quite tricky to get the temp sensor in without removing the grey bumper part. My mechanic had long enough fingers to get it in but im not so sure if i can get it in again.

If I were you I woud just place the sensor too. I couldnt find one at a scrapper, mainly because most cars are in front collisions, but maybe you are more lucky. The sensor is €74 at Ford....

Bynthe way you always need a new stalk for the voice control button. I already have this button too. Just waiting for cheap parts to pop up on eBay or a nice scrapper where i can collect my own parts...

Yeah I just decided that the trip computer is a easy step, when im doing all this with bluetooth and usb at the same time.

And my stalk has no buttons, so I need the one with voice anyway. And every stalk with voice also has trip right?

Lucky we have a online partsdatabase that every scrapyard is a member of here in Norway, so all parts available is searchable. And i just found that stalk :)

Nice! I paid 45 for mine with shipping.

Montage is pretty straightforward, let me know if you want tips!

Sure, post your tips.

That could be usefull for more than me here.

Going to the dealer to order the BT harness, temp sensor and the usb/centreconsole parts later today.

thegame, Where did you install the temp-sensor? I want to find out if my car allready have the wiring for it.

I swapped the lcd screen yesterday with the multiline matrix, i repaced the radio fascia with the 9-button one. Everything was just plug and play, and it all worked.

I also got my new stalk with voice and trip. The BT module has arrived also, so right now im just missing the harness for the BT module, and the software coding.

PM me your email adres i'll forward you a guide!

Could you also pm me what you paid for the parts so I can compare with the prices I receive?

Btw you also need the mic in the ceiling and the wiring loom....

Is it easy to wire up a 2009 radio to a 2011 car? I can get a 2009 radio....

theres a link posted on page 5 here. It has a wiring diagram for the Parrot connectors you need to adapt between 2connectors (2009) and 1 connector (2011).

But you have the 2011 version? The 2009 version is on page 5 right?

I have a 2009 car, and bought a 2009 radio. The BT harness i ordered is a 2010 modell.

First I ordered a 2011 radio by mistake, but i managed to change that order before it got shipped. I bought the parrot harness just in case.

Picked up the harness now (1710952). Well it doesnt fint my car. And I cant see how it would fit a 2010 neither.

I know that my radio has 2 connectors, (one black one grey) I have traced the aux pins to the grey. I was in the belief that the BT module would hook into the grey one.

Well the BT harness does have a grey connector where the aux input goes to the same pins. however this grey connector is to large for my radio.

So im gonna order the £130 harness thats supposed to be for the 2009.

Is there anyone who can confirm the layout/schematic of the BT harness? I know Haynes manual should cover some of the wiring.

This is a mockup I have so far.

post-41289-0-17179400-1363364832_thumb.j

Its the connector labeled B im wondering where goes to. The GEM?

Could you take of pic of it with the connectors? It wouldt fit on the long black thin connector of the 2010 radio?

Thats the Sony model with DAB, I dont think anyone have fitted a DAB module yet. But the sony have been fitted.

The harness I have will not fit into the long black connector on the radio, not for the 2009, not for the 2011. Im not sure where it should go.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club