Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Here, Need Some Input On Retrofittings

neps

I dont even know what DAB is, its just an extra antenna?

I dont even know what DAB is, its just an extra antenna?

Digital radio, more choice and better sound quality if it's available in your area.

Won't cause any trouble right?

You would need an extra antenna if you wanted it to work (I think, as far as I know no one on here has successfully retrofitted DAB yet)

I mean can I use the radio without the DAB function?

I guess theres no FM/AM module in that one. Its a DAB unit, completely different :) It is streaming digital audio, like MP3.

iNath, did you get my PM?

Heres the schematic i made of the harness, and below is pitctures of each connector.

post-41289-0-85964200-1363376539_thumb.j

post-41289-0-52284200-1363376554_thumb.j

When looking at this diagram, it seems like a part of the BT harness (blue colored lines) is going up to the radio.

post-41289-0-81869300-1363376636_thumb.j

B goes into your radio, you have a greynand a black connector.

Does anyone have new post 2010 Fiesta with bluetooth and is willing to take a look behind the radio how the additional loom is hooked on to the radio? £15 for who shows me pics and possibly part numbers!

Here's my pic showing 2008-2009 Vs 2010> stereo connections:

fiestastereos.jpg

This grey connector is for your B neps

I need to know which loom and especially HOW it ismconnected to the 2010 radio!!

Btw didnt take the risk and canceled the order for the radio.

This grey connector is for your B neps

I need to know which loom and especially HOW it ismconnected to the 2010 radio!!

Dude, serioulsy? :)

No it doesnt go into my radio, this is what all my last posts have been about :) Its the wrong size.

Picked up the harness now (1710952). Well it doesnt fint my car. And I cant see how it would fit a 2010 neither.

I know that my radio has 2 connectors, (one black one grey) I have traced the aux pins to the grey. I was in the belief that the BT module would hook into the grey one.

Well the BT harness does have a grey connector where the aux input goes to the same pins. however this grey connector is to large for my radio.

Does anyone have new post 2010 Fiesta with bluetooth and is willing to take a look behind the radio how the additional loom is hooked on to the radio? £15 for who shows me pics and possibly part numbers!

Yes, I agree. I think we need someone with fiesta (any year) to trace the harness from their BT module to get a real answer.

I would pay the same. So a total £30 is in it for you. Should be a 10minute job.

Thats weird neps, it looks about right and there are no other radios. Maybe Gingertom knows? You should send him a PM

The grey connector on the radio is completely different pin layout. The black connector on my radio however is allmost correct. The black is also the one where my AUX input is.

I will send him a PM.

Lol, i sent him a pm, but he allready have answered my question in this topic:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/38485-fitting-bluetooth-control-unit-mk7/

Hi

Thinking back i think there were three separate parts, the main one with the bluetooth module connector on it which also goes up to the control panel, one which piugs in that and runs up the a pillar and across the roof lining for the mic and another which also plugs into the first and goes up the centre console to the usb/aux port under the gearstick.

The main loom was the hardest coz you have to get the connector up behind the dash to the control panel and theres not a lot of room, the others werent that bad

--

No cutting required the loom was in addition to the wiring already in the car although one connector plug on the new main loom replaced one which went into one of the two sockets behind the head unit/control panel. The gem is updated using the ids software Nath talked about. He updated mine only took about 10 minutes.

So, I guess he has a 2009. So then theres just my loom thats incorrect. That doesnt explain where this connector should go on a 2010 model though.

You can by my 2010 loom thegame :)

Yeah but that grey connector will never go in my radio either right?

This is quite the puzzle lol

No it wont, you have a big 40pin connector. The only image I have of how the harness is connected is this,

and it seems like it is connected to something on the passenger side below the radio, in addition to the BT module above the footwell.

post-41289-0-27226900-1363420584_thumb.j

The only solution is someone willing to take a look imo

I made this picture, just to clarify.

The 1710952 harness have a 10pin connector. The 2009 radios require a 12pin connector.

post-41289-0-06832300-1363455269_thumb.j

Got the new harness today, partnumber: 1580659

This is the correct one for 2009 models with 2 connectors for the radiounit.

The harness goes in between one of the old connectors to the radiounit and the BT module. It also provides two new connectors that goes to the headunit.

1 BT module

2 USB and AUX inputs

3 radioconnector input, use the current connector to radio.

4 Two new connectors that goes to the headunit. The grey/white one replaces the current grey/white one.

5 microphone

post-41289-0-25288300-1363979120_thumb.j

I installed this harness today, this has now broken my AUX input.

I noticed that the wire from aux-in now goes to two pins on the BTmodule connector, and in the aux connector on the headunit also goes to two other pins on the BT unit. I think this means that the BT/USB does use the same wires to the headunit to both BT/USB and AUX. However now none og the above works. I guess its just because I need to get it coded.

• Like 1

Great! So you have the radio, you plug in the BT connector and in the BT connector you plug the old connector? This is how I interpret it. You dont leave any wires loose right?

Correct.

The only cable im leaving loose is the old AUX cable. From aux input to radio. The new harness also has new aux input.

I could remove it completely, but its fastened with zip-ties all over the place.

Have not found one yet, the dealer want allmost £100..

So Im looking for one at the scrapyard

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club