Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Here, Need Some Input On Retrofittings

neps

Are we sure that the big loom he allready have in the car, does not have a open unused connector for the BT loom? If he has a open connector that fits the bt loom then theres just the 1710952 loom that is needed. -If not then this mens that retrofit from NO BT-> BT+USB is much more complicated on 2010+ models than on 2009 where the BT loom goes straight to the radio.

Thegame, I guess it will be easier to use a 2009 BT harness, and source a 2009 headunit. I have a extra one for sale. Or you

buy the parrot harness and make the diy adaptor to fit it to you 2010 headunit.

Nicklas, why did you install the "big loom" from a 2010 car in your 2009 ?

I just checked and I don't see any loose connectors near the GEM. not knowing which loom to use and where to plug it in is kinda irritating.

Is it possible to hook a 2009 radio module (two connectors) with a 2009 screen to a 2011 loom ( with the one big connector)? If that is possible i am better off buying those. Any idea if it will work?

I first thought it would work, since the 2009 BT harness includes both radio connectors for the 2009 radio. BUT it need connection to/from one of the connectors on the old radio harness, wich provides Canbus, +12VDC and Speakers.

So it would work but still require adapting 2010 to 2009 connections. Schematics and partnumbers are provided earlier. Im thinking of putting together a blogpost on my website with all this knowledge, pinouts, schematics and partnumbers Ive gathered the last weeks.

I installed the big loom without knowing that the models were diferent.. It was first afterwards I noticed that there was a diference in the models..

DUMB AS I AM!

So the work was pretty much wasted and i installed the old loom again.

thegame1512:

I'll take some pictures when i get home again of the big loom and post them here

this is where it should be located, under the radio...

connecting the bluetooth loom

how do you upload a picture in this forum??

nz3r.jpg

The free connector should sit in the "slot" here and get connected to the bt-loom.

Thats not where I looked. So I should find a free connector underneath my radio and the loom you and Neps have click in there, radio stays the same. Extra loom goes to underneath the basket?

@Neps: how hard is it to remove the radio etc to get to this?

Thats not where I looked. So I should find a free connector underneath my radio and the loom you and Neps have click in there, radio stays the same. Extra loom goes to underneath the basket?

@Neps: how hard is it to remove the radio etc to get to this?

Correct.

Its pretty straight forward to remove.

First pry off the cover around/above the display. Its only fastened with clips.

Then you will see 4 bolts. 2x 6mm down into the radio. And 2x torx t20 for the button control panel. Undo all those bolts.

Now remove the hidden compartment cover, it will make it earlier to pry off the controlpanel fascia. Remove the connector for the controlpanel. Then you are left with the headunit. It slides like a drawer, just pull it straight towards you.

I"ll take a look when I have bought the deluxe screen. Want to built that one in anyways.

So I should have the connector you hold near your finger Nicklass?

The connector my finger is touching is the connector from the bluetooth loom..

The one you want to have is the the one it clips into. :)

If you have this one, it should be ready to hooked up!

I'll post some pictures of the exact one when i'm home again on sunday.

I am 90% sure that I have a big/deluxe screen at home.. I also have a 9-button "control panel"

They are both for sale if you're interested :)

Yeah pics would be great. Ill take a look in the car this weekend hopefully. Neps, what did you use to open up the top cover of the screen with the clips?

And Nicklass if it fits i'm absolutely interested in the parts!

Just use your fingers :)

You will understand when trying. Grab the cover on the back of the screen and work your fingers in under it. Then just pull upwards. You could also use a plastic prybar. You get them on most hardware stores, or where they sell tools.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt receive a notification somehow. Will check it out somewhere next week. What are the chances my car has the connector just lying there? I have cruise control factory fitted and connected the lights in the footwell ( fittings were already there).

@ neps

Your loom would fit into this connector? And it is underneath the cd player? Can I see it if I remove the secret hatch?

Did you sort out your software problems already?

Are you refering to the grey 10pin in the middle of the picture posted by NiclasS?

Yes, thats the one that would fit the 10pin connector in the 2010 harness (finis 1710952)

• 3 years later...

Hello to all, i need some help with my retrofitting of my bluethooth + Usb modul.

I ´ve got an Fiesta form 2008 with basic Soundsystem . I just fitt all part for the retrofitt together. (I´ve got the modul 8M5T-19C112-BT, the big display ect)

Yesterday i was @ my Ford dealer and after 1 hour coding with the Ford IDS he gave up. He Told me that my modul is not compatible with my car.

1. Can some one tell me if it true, that this Modul in not compatible ?

2. Can some one give the setting for The Ford IDS System for the retrofitt ?

Sorry for my bad english

Greets from germany

S.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club