Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo -Volume control

poohbear

Hello.

Wondered if anyone could help.

I have had my Fiesta since friday night.

Tonight, I started the car, made a phone call on the voice recognition, then turned the cd player on. The music came on but was very faint, like background noise and the volume button wouldn't work, it wouldnt work on the steering wheel either. I started the engine up several times to see if it would work but it didnt, got home, locked car, went inside, got my dad, came out, it worked again fine!

Does anyone know what could have happened? Do you think I should ring my dealer tomorrow?

Thanks.

Have you tried hitting it. :lol:

Is probably worth a phone call, but I am sure all they will say bring it in so we can look at it. Which will then mean you taking half day off work etc. I expect they would plug a diagnostic machine into it to see if it has recorded any faults.

What I would do is just hope it does not do it again, but if it does, do not live with it and take it in straight away.

Hope it stays ok now.

Steve

Thankyou.

It's not really a case of me taking days off work as I work in a school, can't take days off etc!!

Havent tried hitting it but certainly felt like it!!!

xx

Modern cars of full of electric gimmicks and sometimes for no apparent reason they just play up.

My radio played up a few days after having it. I clicked AUX to put the usb pen on and it just showed up LINE IN. The whole thing froze. It would not respond to any other buttons on the console or wheel. So i turned the car on and off and still the same. So i pulled out the usb stick...turned the car on and off and plugged it back in and still the same.

So i turned the actual radio off itself and hey presto it started working again...never done it again since. Just put it down to one of those things

This has happened again tonight.

I rang Ford who have booked me into their service dept on friday morning. It came up on the computer as a common problem showing on new fiestas, he said it needs to be configured again which will take 2 hours.

Covered on warranty.

When you turn the engine off for 5 or so minutes it works again fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so my car went in a few days after my last post and had all this "configuration" nonsense done..

Guess what...ITS BROKEN AGAIN?!

I cant help but think they fobbed me off with excuses.

Will be returning in the morning to see what they say!!

Ok, so my car went in a few days after my last post and had all this "configuration" nonsense done..

Guess what...ITS BROKEN AGAIN?!

I cant help but think they fobbed me off with excuses.

Will be returning in the morning to see what they say!!

That sucks poohbear! Very annoying. Hope it sorts itself out but really annoying when you have a new car and you just want it to work properly.

I'm more annoyed they assured me the problem was a "one-off" and something they discovered to be a common fault on new fiestas. He said they just had to re-configure the radio and it would all be sorted. He told me to take it in for 7.30am and it would be the first car in, we asked to pick up by 11am "No problem, of course" We arrived at 12pm, car wasnt ready, hadnt gone into the workshop till 11.05! I needed the car back for 1, they promised it would be ready and it was, but now it makes me think did they actually sort the problem or not?! It's an intermittent fault, so i wonder if it will be working this morning when i drive it down to the garage?

My exhaust also sounds like I have a 1.6 which concerns me slightly so going to ask them to look at that too!

I suppose because we have a new model, customers are bound to find out some of the common faults but I wonder what there answer will be this morning!

My ford garage is not the best, there customer service isnt great but i just want my baby fixed!! x

they assured me the problem was a "one-off" and something they discovered to be a common fault on new fiestas.

:lol: typical Ford contradict themselves all in one sentence. "Sorry its a one off fault. We discovered its common on the new fiesta".

:lol: you gotta love Ford service

I know, contradiction!!!

It's booked in next friday, earliest they could do with easter.

He babbled on about something to do with the Speakers which is the rubbish they gave me before! I said about the exhaust blowing he said "what car is it" I said "a fiesta" he went "No I meant what the engine size was love!?" Why didnt he say...Engine size?! Men!

I know, contradiction!!!

He babbled on about something to do with the speakers which is the rubbish they gave me before! I said about the exhaust blowing he said "what car is it" I said "a fiesta" he went "No I meant what the engine size was love!?" Why didnt he say...Engine size?! Men!

Come to think of it, my radio sometimes goes off when you open the door. The display shows "door open" then when you shut it there's no sound from the radio.

The first time it happened I thought it was me--I thought I'd done something wrong because I tried changing functions but that didn't work so I turned it off, waited a few seconds and put it back on again and it worked fine.

Since then, it's only happened a few times until this morning when I opened the car to get in and no sound again--strange isn't it?

This time it was OK when I selected "CD" and it worked again.

Maybe there are some of your gremlins in my stereo too! ;)

Haha! Mine you literally press the volume button on the control panel...nothing happens, on the steering wheel, nothing happens, like it doesnt register your there! Turn engine off for 10 minutes then its fine!

It's been fine since last night as well, but i'm sure it'll happen again in a couple of days...I hope not though!!!

Sorry hedgepig...hope my gremlins haven't jumped over to you!!

I know, contradiction!!!

He babbled on about something to do with the speakers which is the rubbish they gave me before! I said about the exhaust blowing he said "what car is it" I said "a fiesta" he went "No I meant what the engine size was love!?" Why didnt he say...Engine size?! Men!

I woulda made him look 2 inch tall. WTF difference does it make, if the exhaust is blowing its blowing. Regardless of what engine (or car) it is a blowing exhaust will have the same reasons behind it blowing. God I hate it when mechanics treat women like idiots. I love to go in and act daft till their stupid reasons for stuff happening come out. Then I make sure I have a lovely little gathering of people and tell them the reason its doing what its doing.

I went into a Ford dealership in Eastbourne. My throttle position sensor was fried and kept causing problems. So I went into get the part. As it wasnt my local dealers I went to reception. She sent me to service. They sat me down so I played along. Asked me lots of questions, told em I was getting no pedal response and I had a flashing glowplug light. Restart engine and all is fine.

"Oh, it will have to come in and have a diagnostic. We've had this before, I think its just an update to the software it needs. That will however cost £90"

At that point I sat upright and said

"Or we could order a new accelerator pedal assembly which will cost me £55ish and I'll fit that and be on my way"

"Oh he said"

£54.some pence later, one pedal assembly fitted and 3 years on and problem solved. £90 saved by not listening to their bullshit.

Look on his face when he realised he was dealing with someone who knew about Fords - Priceless

I do agree they take the mickey big time!

With my old fiesta it cost £800 to get it through it's MOT. I have personalised plates (not yet put on new fezzi) they said they were illegally space and that I would not pass the MOT without buying replacement ones from them. We got the DVLA to ring up and say my ones were legal...they still wouldnt listen.

I gave up and just told them to put them on, I then said as soon as I left the garage I would change them over "Oh well we will be obliged to call the police if we see you out driving" - Dont they have anything better to do with there time!?

They also said I needed a new oil sump...they replaced it, didnt fit it properly and oil leaked all over my newly block paved drive!!

Thing is, I have no clue about cars, but my car wasnt an old banger, a 2001 plate.

My other half is a mechanic but he can't get down to the garage with me unfortunately and he cant do the work on the car as its within warranty. I also want to make the point of continually taking it to them to know I am not impressed.

When I said the exhaust was blowing he said "What kind of a sound does it make" Urm...a blowing one!?

Hello.

Wondered if anyone could help.

I have had my Fiesta since friday night.

Tonight, I started the car, made a phone call on the voice recognition, then turned the cd player on. The music came on but was very faint, like background noise and the volume button wouldn't work, it wouldnt work on the steering wheel either. I started the engine up several times to see if it would work but it didnt, got home, locked car, went inside, got my dad, came out, it worked again fine!

Does anyone know what could have happened? Do you think I should ring my dealer tomorrow?

Thanks.

Hi

does the problem only happen after you make calls on bluetooth? If that is the case. I would say that the problem may be that the radio still thinks that you are on the call.

When you make calls the radio is programed to turn the volume down automatically so that you don't have too and that you can hear the call. Something is not telling your radio that you have finished the call.

I dont think its connected. I've never used the bluetooth or had it even connected when this problem has occured.

I don't think it's anything to do with the bluetooth in my case either but any other suggestions gratefully received.............

Hedgepig - I have to take a picture of my interior for you! You have piglet...I have peppa pig :)

Any other suggestions?

Hedgepig - I have to take a picture of my interior for you! You have piglet...I have peppa pig :)

Any other suggestions?

At last, a girl after my own heart!! Does this mean that you share my fondness of pigs?

It's true....I do have Piglet in the car plus another pig air freshener which you can see hanging from the mirror if you look very carefully............

Don't forget about that picture now......I've told Piglet and he's waiting patiently............... ;)

I'm not obsessed with pigs (not saying you are or anything!) but i love pretty pink things (a really girly girl) and peppa pig is pink and wearing a princess outfit!

I live in a village and grew up feeding apples to a big black pot bellied pig, i just think they are so cute! Would love a pig myself but we live in a normal house not on a farm!! Tell piglet I will take the picture tomorrow!

On the car front, my volume hasn't done it again and i'm gonna be a bit ashamed to take it to the garage on friday if the problem was actually a "one-off" this time!! x

• 4 weeks later...
I live in a village and grew up feeding apples to a big black pot bellied pig, i just think they are so cute! Would love a pig myself but we live in a normal house not on a farm!! Tell piglet I will take the picture tomorrow!

Does that mean that when Janet says I'm a pig, it's a compliment?! ;)

Obsessed with pigs--can't possibly imagine why you might think that? :lol::lol:

Piglet says that he's still waiting for a photo of your Peppa pig..............

You can't let him down now Pooh, not after your comments above............ :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I will get a photo soon!

Peppa Pig has been poorly and has had swine flu, so I can't take a photo in fear Piglet may catch it!

x

I'm sorry, I will get a photo soon!

Peppa Pig has been poorly and has had swine flu, so I can't take a photo in fear Piglet may catch it!

x

I hope you given poor Peppa some oinkment so that she feels better!

Failing that you could always give her some Oinksip instead!

Piglet says he can wait a bit longer.......................... :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club