Do Not Sell My Personal Information

crankshaft oil leak

handymr

Focus 1.4 04 plate. I'v noticed an oil patch under my car and on further investigation i'm 90% convinced it is coming from the crankshaft. (10% thats its from the sump gaskett) .

How easy is it to change the seal on the crankshaft , have any of you Pro's any advice e.g Time & difficulty. or if too difficult how much to pay for a garage to do the job. I'm getting grief from the Mrs

about the oil on the drive ...... many thanks for any tips & advice .........

Focus 1.4 04 plate. I'v noticed an oil patch under my car and on further investigation i'm 90% convinced it is coming from the crankshaft. (10% thats its from the sump gaskett) .

How easy is it to change the seal on the crankshaft , have any of you Pro's any advice e.g Time & difficulty. or if too difficult how much to pay for a garage to do the job. I'm getting grief from the Mrs

about the oil on the drive ...... many thanks for any tips & advice .........

Also if I add a product like "redex stop oil leak" will this damage a zetec engine because it needs thinner oil ? This would be a way round the problem ....

Also if I add a product like "redex stop oil leak" will this damage a zetec engine because it needs thinner oil ? This would be a way round the problem ....

To my knowlwdge this is an engine out job! You may be able to drop the sump and have a look at the sump gaskit first and then mayb see the crankshaft seal a smear of hylomar (think thats the correct spelling) may provide a satisfactory sealing but by no means good repair ! Never known them to go on the crankshaft tho !

Dont know it this helps but its where i would start

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club