Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bulb Lists

DanGersFord

Hi James

Thanks for that info, will do a trawl on flebay, unless you have a favourite site ?

Regards Keith

Hi,

Couple of questions about brake lights.

I have the ford LED rear lights but they use conventional bulbs for the brake lights. Can these just be swapped for P21 red LEDs or is it more complicated as with indicators?

I've also seen some people replacing the third/high level brake light with an LED unit from an XC70 but I can't find much about it, is it a straight swap or is there mor involved?

Oh and do we need can bus error canceling bulbs for our cars or are we ok?

Thanks for the help!

led brakes should be fine you may need dual filament but I have them on my cmax for led brakes and led tail and fog lights :-)

not heard of the volvo switch though...

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

• Like 1

led brakes should be fine you may need dual filament but I have them on my cmax for led brakes and led tail and fog lights :-) not heard of the volvo switch though

Thanks, I think I just need single filament because my side lights are Ford OEM LEDs and the fog is down in the bumper. I should really pop one out and check before I order though.

They all seem to have quite large heads which might complicate things because the bulbs push in from behind if I remember rightly. I'm not sure some of them will physically get through the hole.

Not heard of compatability with Volvo lights either.

I have one like this listing and it's a good looking bit of kit-

Do you have any pictures of it fitted? Thanks

Straight swap, and will look very tidy.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what bulbs I would need for the licence plate? I have a focus mk2.5 titanium.

Cheers Karl.

Ford focus mk2.5 1.6 titanium.

Does anyone know what bulbs I would need for the licence plate? I have a focus mk2.5 titanium.

Cheers Karl.

T10 (also known as W5W or 501).

They MUST be Canbus T10 for the mk2.5 focus in the reg plate sockets

They MUST be Canbus T10 for the mk2.5 focus in the reg plate sockets

Thanks for that. Luckily I had ordered the error free ones.

Just to add after making the mistake myself..

The interior festoon bulb is a 239. Ordered the wrong size for my led conversion. Also made the mistake of thinking the rear dome light would be a festoon, it's the same as the 501's throughout the rest of the car.

As for the number plate bulbs, mine are 501's rather than festoon bulbs. Seems this can vary so i would check you specific car before buying. Could it be that the chrome boot strip uses 501's and the painted one is festoons?

Luke

Looks like the estates are Festoon maybe. They certainly were in my 2008 Zetec. I now have straight bulb holder LED conversions, not even a blub holder in sight now.

Hi guys.

Can anyone post a link to a trusted eBay seller for getting these LED Bulbs?

Want to do virtually the entire car you see....

Do they have to be Canbus free? Mk 2.5 focus estate FYI.

Mike.

Hi DJ.

I have decided to buy all my lighting from "alltronix" as they are a trusted U.K company.

I saw the same direct replacements for the number plate bulbs AFTER I had bought the LED replacements! D'OH

Never mind eh....

Installed my new Philips "extreme vision" H7's earlier on and they are fantastic. Excellent light levels.

Made me realise how much of the road I couldn't see before installing them! :-o

Hope they last though...

Hi DJ.

I have decided to buy all my lighting from "alltronix" as they are a trusted U.K company.

I saw the same direct replacements for the number plate bulbs AFTER I had bought the LED replacements! D'OH

Never mind eh....

I got these purely because my existing holders had completely rusted! They are super bright though :)

Can you pop up some pictures when you have fitted all your LEDs? I want to see how they compare to bulbs for brightness and coverage of the reflective part of the lights...

Hi DJ.

I certainly will mate although it is only the number plate lights I am replacing externally for the moment, everything else is internal.

Will still post pics though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

What bulbs does my titanium x have (bi xenon)

Jamie

D8S if its the new focus

Hi Dan

Do you mean D3S ?

May 2013 tit x lol

Jamie