Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bulb Lists

DanGersFord

Right, I've had enough.

Does anyone know how to get the number plates light out of a Mk2.5 hatchback?? I can't get the chuffing things out at all. They rattle about now, but won't come out!

• 3 weeks later...

Found it hard myself but from help off here is to get a flat head screwdriver and put a cloth around it and put it in the grove on the holster and slowly do it..

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

• 2 months later...

Just a quick heads up.for anyone looking to purchase any bulbs , just got some osram nightbreakers with free sidelights from powerbulbs.com and you can get 30% off with promo code FRIYAY ! Saved me nearly a £10!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for this - really helpful - nw if i only knew which bulbs were decent ones to go with! I really want as white a bulb as possible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 27/01/2016 at 0:07 PM, garywc said:

Great to know cornering bulbs are H1. What is the main beam bulbs in the titanium x model? 

Pretty sure it's a H7

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone installed LED headlight bulbs? I've read online that Philips Lumileds are very good and are designed to have a very good cutoff so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

But I can't really find anything here in the UK...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looking to replace the glove compartment, interior courtesy lights and boot lights with LEDs in my 2015 Focus ZS. Would anyone know which bulbs I will need and if they would need to be canbus LED? The guy at the local car accessory store subjected they would and this they were priced at £15 for  bulbs (can't remember the fitting). Will most likely get them off eBay once I know which ones o need. 

• 1 month later...

Fitted some H7  Philips White Vision's this morning, using youtube demonstrations on how to remove light cluster. Took all of about 20 minutes :)  just need an excuse to drive at night now :p 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Right, having a bit of confusion here - you've got H7 499 for Focus MK2 dipped headlight bulbs, eurocarparts and halfrauds are telling me it's 477? While other sources are saying 499 the same as you lot? I'm inclined to trust you lot before I trust Halfords, but Halfords are my only local option and I want to just fit them now while I've noticed it before I forget and put her in for an MOT next month and fail on something as silly as that (my old mk4 fiesta failed on wipers once :wallbash: )

Or is 477 and 499 internal codes for each supplier and I'm just being woefully ignorant?

• 3 weeks later...

My 2012 has xenon bulbs but they are not white enough for me. Can they be changed to 6000k if so what do I need?

18 minutes ago, bananacat said:

My 2012 has xenon bulbs but they are not white enough for me. Can they be changed to 6000k if so what do I need?

It should be a straight swap with the 6000k xenon bulb

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

It should be a straight swap with the 6000k xenon bulb

Thank you. Am I right in saying the whole headlight unit has to come out to change the bulbs as I can't see any other way.

Oh mk3 2012

55 minutes ago, bananacat said:

Thank you. Am I right in saying the whole headlight unit has to come out to change the bulbs as I can't see any other way.

Oh mk3 2012

Yes you're correct pain in the neck really but at least you can see better

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2014 at 8:33 PM, troy45 said:

Has anyone found suitable LED replacements for the facelift Mk2 with the hi-spec rear light clusters?

The clusters have the clear lenses, rear lights as LED units then the brake light bulbs are red with offset AND staggered pins - my ST blew one of these a few months ago and without going on the web I struggled getting a replacement bulb from anywhere other than a Ford dealer.

The ebay seller I've got LED's off in the past couldn't help either :unsure:

have a link to where you got the blub from please cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have a 2008 Focus (2.0 Titanium if that helps)

My rear brake/tail lamp on passenger side is slightly orange. Although the bulb glass is red the filament inside gives off an orange colour?? Strange as the other side is fine.

I have checked the bulb is the correct one and using the 780 bulb. We have used two and both have this same problem

Any idea what could be the problem here? Wiring perhaps?

It is due a service soon so will mention it then but if we could sort it out ourselves before hand that would be great.

Likely that the bulb is rubbish.

The paint on the bulb can fade and/or be of a different tint.

I have had red bulbs that look more pink.

Get a pair of red Cree vulbs as they are brighter and the colour won't fade.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 5 weeks later...

To save me going through the whole thread.

Can you recommend some bright headlight bulbs for a 1.8 petrol Titanium Focus on a 2008 plate.

Cheers