Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bulb Lists

DanGersFord

Osram Nightbreakers

+1

I paid £13 As silicone hoses.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So in the Osram nightbreakers which people are recommending which ones would i need for a Focus Titanium on a 2008 plate, i presume you need to buy 2 for your dipped beam and main beam ?

A link for a reputable place to buy them from would be good.

Cheers

Looking for help. Need replacement bulb for fog lights on focus mk2. 

Told H11... Told H3 which we got and are not right. So H11?

From what I recall, it depends which plant your car was built as to which bulbs it requires.  Always worth removing a bulb to confirm first!!

RE: Nightbreakers - I only ever did the dipped beams - the full beams were alright - and to be honest, never used them often enough to warrant the expense.  Besides, the Nightbreakers in the dipped beams were enough of an improvement that I used the mains even less!

Think I got mine off of amazon once, and Halfords (with forum discount card) for a replacement set 

Could someone confirm that a Focus 1.8 petrol on a 2008 plate takes a H7 dipped beam bulb ?

Also are these the nightbreaker bulbs that your on about, these ones say unlimited

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OSRAM-BREAKER-UNLIMITED-halogen-headlamp-64210NBU-HCB/dp/B00EPLCPRG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479122689&sr=8-1&keywords=osram+nightbreaker+H7

I've just replaced one of my rear tail lights bulbs, and it was a 363 red not a 780 as per list, its a Focus 2009 zetec

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I went to change my bulb in my light thats hid under the sun visor.

When I pulled it out, then went to put it back the metal bracket that the light clips onto moves about and I cant clip the light casing back in because the metal bracket just moves out the way. 

Hard to explain really but hopefully you get me ?

20161204_172712.jpg

If you mean the frame in the headliner then you need to get your hand or a long screwdriver up behind the frame to brace it.
Best way is to drop the headliner slightly by removing the sun visor mounts and pulling the A pillar trim off (taking care of clips).
You'll need to pulll back the top half of the door seal trim too, it's easy to pull away and refit.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Another thought-
You could loop a couple of lengths of string around the frame and pull down on them while you push the light back up then withdraw the strings after.

Sent from my SM-G930F

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Another thought-
You could loop a couple of lengths of string around the frame and pull down on them while you push the light back up then withdraw the strings after.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Cheers Stoney

Yes thats exactly what I mean. The string sounds like a good idea. If fails though will just have to do the other thing you said. 

Thanks!

Welcome anytime.
Keep us posted on the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I will do mate. Im doing it once my bulbs come saves me pulling them out again.

Another quick question the middle light. Before i start pulling on it. Which part do I pull to change the bulbs in that too?

I have attached an image to show you.

20161205_120612.jpg

Number 2.
Where you see the middle black square on the opposite side from the switches is a spring.
Put a screwdriver between that side of the light and the surround and lever the light down.
I strongly recommend you pull the fuse to the light before working on it as you will be guaranteed to blow it else.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 4 weeks later...

I had to unscrew the visor and move side pillars to clip the light back in. The string method wasnt working for me but I dont have patience if i know there is another way.

All looking good now with all new white bulbs in the interior. However the new bulbs seem to stay on faintly when all the doors are closed and ignition off. Is this a normal thing because im using cree bulbs ? Is there a way round it ? 

Quite normal, LED Bulbs have less resistance so a certain amount of remaining residual power will cause a glow for a while.
Resistors will stop this totally but produce heat.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Ahh i see. I currently keep turning my lights on now only when needed. Was scared of it killing my battery as its already weak atm.

Its a bugger opening the door and its pitch black. I can see me going back original bulbs if it does my head in.

Anyone know if these are straight fit? (No splicing wires etc)

Cant remember when changing my bulbs if i had to option to take the wires apart? 

Focus mk2.5

Screenshot_20170101-204757.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2016 at 3:28 PM, SeanW said:

Osram Nightbreakers

Do these produce a bright white light? 

Brill, Amazon has them for £16 and I've a £10 voucher burning a hole [emoji6]

Definitely get some then haha

i tried Osram Nightbreakers, then i tried Philips ones

philips are lasting longer

few pages back (or a different thread?) I asked out side bulbs and ive tried half a dozen LEDs and they've all blown, load of rubbish

need a halagon alternative thats brighter than normal please guys ?

thanks

My bulbs arrived and I had a spare few minutes, so thought I'd replace the bulbs, I didn't realise you have to remove the whole headlight!!!