Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 2013 Rear Light Clusters

Jwsturner

Hi, I was looking at a new fiesta today that I was parked near and the rear lights look the same shape as my 2009 just a different design. Does anyone know if they'll fit? Anyone in Manchester with a 2013 model willing to let me try them?

• Like 1

After having a good look at the 2 cars it should be a straight swap. I know on the mk6 fiesta the lights are the exact same shape as the mk6.5 the only thing different is on the mk6 there is only 1 fog light and 1 reverse light where as the mk 6.5 had 2 fogs/2reverse lights. Whether theyve done this on the mk7/mk7 facelift i dont know you'll need to find another one and check it to see if the 2013 fiesta has got all the same bulbs.

Rear light's should be a straight swap, no major differences with the light position's like the Mk6's. The Mk7.5 has a different style of lens on the brake/side lights, usual red with a clear cover over the top.

Photo of mine below

37f1f317-6ce2-42c5-91b5-b044bf1b65bb_zps

• 10 months later...

I love people here say it should be a straight swap - when they know nothing about what they are talking about . U may be feeling chatty but if you don't know don't give out wrong info

There is a massive difference in these two lights on the back - the wiring is totally different colours and plugs on them

post-27159-0-31987700-1390427607_thumb.j

it's not easy none of the colours match up so I may have to find an electrical engineer to fit them cos I can't work out what wires go where??? If anyone has fitted them please let us know how you did it ?!?!

post-27159-0-26778000-1390427858_thumb.j

post-27159-0-07855200-1390427893_thumb.j

post-27159-0-46350800-1390427917_thumb.j

In practice it is a straight swap, everything fits.

In reality, you need to rewire the lot. Best thing to do is try and get the plug from Ford and use new plugs than pulling them off the old lights, Unfortunately I gave up when I knew I was getting a facelift so never finished the job >.<

• Like 1

I got the rear lights on the cheap from a friend and thought it was worth a whirl .

So.... Plan is to get two plugs from ford then - and a rewire . sounds like the best plan for changing bulbs when needed

thanks for the info big Dave ! :)

I will let u lot know how I got on

Are the bulb holders totally different or can they be swapped over with the original loom making a hybrid system?

Even if a bit of splicing is required could you not identify wires from each holder and swap one for one until they are all done?

No project worth doing should be binned at the first hurdle, most jobs are 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

You could be the trend setter :)

• Like 1

There is no bulb holders on the back of the mk7.5 rear lights or way of making them fit . The best way around that problem must be to just get the plugs from ford I thought ... . so I visited my local ford parts and they say you can't buy the plugs separately that fit on the back of the lights from ford parts - you have to buy the WHOLE Electrical wiring loom and that's £400 for each side!! :-0 as always buying brand new parts from ford directly is never a great idea unless your filthy rich , so my plan is to ring up some local salvage yards to see it they have any fiestas made past 2012 and cut the plugs off one of them , cut my plugs off and connect the correct wires up. I'll do a guide with pictures when I get round to doing it - so the trend can grow :) - Thanks for you comments Stoney :)

Good luck with the project Lee.

I'm sure the effort will be worth the end results/bragging rights.

Keep us informed on progress/problems Fella.

There is no bulb holders on the back of the mk7.5 rear lights or way of making them fit . The best way around that problem must be to just get the plugs from ford I thought ... . so I visited my local ford parts and they say you can't buy the plugs separately that fit on the back of the lights from ford parts - you have to buy the WHOLE Electrical wiring loom and that's £400 for each side!! :-0 as always buying brand new parts from ford directly is never a great idea unless your filthy rich , so my plan is to ring up some local salvage yards to see it they have any fiestas made past 2012 and cut the plugs off one of them , cut my plugs off and connect the correct wires up. I'll do a guide with pictures when I get round to doing it - so the trend can grow :) - Thanks for you comments Stoney :)

I hate to say this but with experience, no salvage yard will sell you the connector, they'll only sell you the whole loom. Now I don't know if it's a separate loom for the lights as I've never stripped a Fiesta to that level, but if not your best bet may be to try and make something up instead.

• 2 years later...