Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Alloys Refurb

davy h

My Mondeo alloys are starting to go off, discoloured and chipped and have been quoted £370 to strip and refurb, is this far too much ???? does anyone have any idea where I can have them done in Aberdeen or close to me ????

My Mondeo alloys are starting to go off, discoloured and chipped and have been quoted £370 to strip and refurb, is this far too much ???? does anyone have any idea where I can have them done in Aberdeen or close to me ????

Hello and welcome to the forums

£370 is an absolute rip off! You could have them painted for £30-40 a corner or blasted/powder coated for £40 a corner

I think you need to phone around

• Like 1

My alloys are absolutely wrecked, too. When I bought the car from Evans Halshaw they looked close to perfect... then I jetwashed the car and all the paint fell off, revealing the messy wheels below that they'd covered up to get the car off the forecourt. Now they look a complete mess.

Should probably add for legal reasons! I don't know if Evans Halshaw did that, or the previous owner (called Ronald) did. Make up your own minds!

• Like 1

£50-£60 per corner is about average.

Any more than that and they're taking liberties.

A dip, powdercoat and lacquer will make them look brand new.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with the above anything over £200.00 for all 4 wheels is a rip off unless u are after something special like flip paint then u could accept to pay more

• Like 1

When my alloy started leaking air too much I had one wheel refurbished inside and out for £70 by a man in a shed in Crewe. I checked out the man in a van brigade but felt I wanted a more permanent solution.

In the process I found out how busy these people are with damage caused by pot holes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club