Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Help With My Thesis [Zetec 1.6]

Freek_Ba

Hello everybody,

I am a last year engeneering student from Belgium and for my thesis I am working on a 2001 1.6 Zetec engine.

I took the engine out of a side damaged Fiesta and built a frame to hold the engine (I'll post pictures later). The engine wil get mounted on a Superflow testing module (see picture).

http://www.superflow.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SuperFlowTestCell1.jpg

Wen i'll have it working on the original ECU, I will change the ECU for a programmable one based on MegaSquirt.

Guessing I will bump on some problems I have started this topic. I hope you guys can help me.

My first question:

Why are there 2 lambda-sensors? There is one before the kat (a green fiche) and one behind it (blue fiche). This will not give any problems with the original ECU, but it will in the new one where I only need one.

Greeting,

Freek.

Pre-catalytic sensor is to control the fuel-air mixture, post catalytic sensor monitors the performance of the catalytic converter.

I would say you need both in any situation even on a setup such as the one that you are building, anyway good luck with your course.

• 2 months later...

We have got the engine running but it is not on full power. I can see that there is a problem with the ignition. When we open the throttle, the ignition goes the wrong way (20 degrees later in stead of earlier).

I hope you understand what i mean with this.

We have reduced the cables to the exact minimum we need.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Sounds like your missing some sensor data still.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club